• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Apsen and KSL buy Intrawest and more!

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I currently work at Aspen/Snowmass and have worked for Vail Resorts in the past. Aspen/Snowmass is a great company who treats their employees and guests with respect. They consider themselves part of the community and understand their responsibility to the community. While generally I am not a fan of the huge mergers, I think that this was a wise move on the part of Aspen/Snowmass and the resorts that were acquired are fortunate to be part of the Aspen/Snowmass community.
Will Aspen/Snowmass have any part of running Squaw/Alpine as a result of this?

mustski

Angel Diva
The prices don't really go down. Season one, they stay the same for the local pass at the new acquisition OR you can upgrade to a multiple resort pass for a reasonable fee. Years two and three they go up across the board. The new management company claims otherwise, but track it yourself to see! You do get more access... if you travel to use it. I have nothing against it, but they do successfully lock in your travel dollars.

marzNC

Angel Diva
My sense is that people in Colorado are holding their breath in terms of what may happen for the 2018-19 season. Especially those who get the RMSP+ . Certainly likely to be some changes.

Around Stowe, locals are happy with the fact that the Epic Pass will be substantially lower next season than the almost $2000 for the past season. My understanding is that season pass rates have gone down for neighboring ski resorts for 2017-18. What rates will be like in 2-3 years . . . will just have to wait and see.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The prices don't really go down. Season one, they stay the same for the local pass at the new acquisition OR you can upgrade to a multiple resort pass for a reasonable fee. Years two and three they go up across the board. The new management company claims otherwise, but track it yourself to see! You do get more access... if you travel to use it. I have nothing against it, but they do successfully lock in your travel dollars.
Squaw/Alpine pass prices went down and have stayed down (I can't remember how long it's been). They seem to be creeping up slightly for next season, though (more restrictions on the lowest-priced pass).

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My sense is that people in Colorado are holding their breath in terms of what may happen for the 2018-19 season. Especially those who get the RMSP+ . Certainly likely to be some changes.

Around Stowe, locals are happy with the fact that the Epic Pass will be substantially lower next season than the almost $2000 for the past season. My understanding is that season pass rates have gone down for neighboring ski resorts for 2017-18. What rates will be like in 2-3 years . . . will just have to wait and see.

Yeah, the RMSP+ is what we usually purchase...it's a really nice way for us to ski and hope it doesn't change, but I'm sure it will.

Jilly

Staff member
Forgot about the exchange. So it's not 1/2 price, but a lot better than $1650 right now. WB has it's WB only pass on sale now at pre-season pricing. Which is just a little higher than the epic pass.

marzNC

Angel Diva
With VR buying Whistler that season pass is now on the Epic. 1/2 the price.

Forgot about the exchange. So it's not 1/2 price, but a lot better than $1650 right now. WB has it's WB only pass on sale now at pre-season pricing. Which is just a little higher than the epic pass.
Do you think some Canadians are going to get an Epic Pass and use it to ski W-B mostly but also plan a trip to a Vail resort in the U.S.?

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know NOTHING about business things. Does this mean Mammoth will get a new CEO? Does anyone know? We had mammoth pass hook up through the current CEO but if he leaves I'm worried that hook up will end. Shoot, I should have gotten Mountain Collective when it was cheap.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This news re: Mammoth blew my socks off today.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
So, if I have this straight,

Aspen owns: Alpine Meadows, Bear, June, Mammoth, Snow Summit, Squaw, Aspin Highlands, Aspen, Buttermilk, Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park, Stratton, Snowshoe, Blue Mt and Tremblant.

Vail owns: Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, Park City, Stowe and Whistler-Backcomb.

Whew...did I leave anything out? that is pretty amazing. Blue Mt, Tremblant, Steamboat and Stratton are on the Maxx Pass for 2017-18, I would guess they will be gone for 18-19. It will be interesting to see what happens to the multi resort passes going forward.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, if I have this straight,

Aspen owns: Alpine Meadows, Bear, June, Mammoth, Snow Summit, Squaw, Aspin Highlands, Aspen, Buttermilk, Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park, Stratton, Snowshoe, Blue Mt and Tremblant.

Vail owns: Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, Park City, Stowe and Whistler-Backcomb.

Whew...did I leave anything out? that is pretty amazing. Blue Mt, Tremblant, Steamboat and Stratton are on the Maxx Pass for 2017-18, I would guess they will be gone for 18-19. It will be interesting to see what happens to the multi resort passes going forward.
Winter Park is owned by the city of Denver. Intrawest holds a 75 year lease and now will be managed by the joint venture of KSL/Aspen. They will also have Snowshoe in West Virginia.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Vail also owns a couple of small resorts in the mid-West, and resorts in Australia and Europe. I think the eye of Sauron has not seen Vail hasn't acquired anything in New Zealand.
:wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly