• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: April skiing with 75 year old and 7y?

allright

Certified Ski Diva
We have off April 11-20 and would like to take my dc and mom somewhere. My mom won’t be skiing and is not that mobile so I would like somewhere quaint and easy for her like the center of Zermatt but it is too expensive. How about Chamonix? Supposed to be quaint, hotel in town is affordable and airport transfer is short. I know snow is pretty melted everywhere but the dates are set due to school vacation so will make the best of it. Other idea is Banff since we have the iKon pass. Thank you for and advice!!!

Christy

Angel Diva
I was in Banff in mid April last year and there was plenty of snow and plenty of new snow! @Albertan ski girl can probably tell you how it's going this year. And maybe @Jenny can tell you what the town is like as a non-skier (as she was temporarily).

Jenny

Angel Diva
It depends on the definition of "not that mobile". Christy is right, I was in Banff last year just as I was temporarily graduating from an ortho boot, so I was walking really slowly and carefully, but I still walked a lot. Mostly up and down the Main Street, into the shops, but I did also do the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies (fairly small, but interesting). There’s another museum I wanted to go to (Banff Park Museum) but it wasn’t open. Sounded interesting, though.

I also did the free distillery tour at Park Distillery, right on the main drag. That didn’t require much walking.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Been to all three places mentioned. Chamonix is a really great "town" with lots to do. Great shopping and restaurants plus magnificent views everywhere ..
Banff another great place and the Banff Springs Hotel is not to be missed . Love Zermatt but Switzerland not cheap.. If you're a US citizen you get more bang for your buck in Canada...

allright

Certified Ski Diva
Been to all three places mentioned. Chamonix is a really great "town" with lots to do. Great shopping and restaurants plus magnificent views everywhere ..
Banff another great place and the Banff Springs Hotel is not to be missed . Love Zermatt but Switzerland not cheap.. If you're a US citizen you get more bang for your buck in Canada...
Great. Well sounds like Chamonix or Banff will work. Thank you so much for this. There are some good deals to Chamonix in April and Canada is great for the dollar. We were in Tremblant last year and could not believe how much cheaper. Thank you!!!!

allright

Certified Ski Diva
It depends on the definition of "not that mobile". Christy is right, I was in Banff last year just as I was temporarily graduating from an ortho boot, so I was walking really slowly and carefully, but I still walked a lot. Mostly up and down the Main Street, into the shops, but I did also do the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies (fairly small, but interesting). There’s another museum I wanted to go to (Banff Park Museum) but it wasn’t open. Sounded interesting, though.

I also did the free distillery tour at Park Distillery, right on the main drag. That didn’t require much walking.
She can walk a few blocks but can’t be on feet all day. Sounds like it would be doable but maybe Chamonix is better since we can stay in the center and she can rest between outings. Thank you!!!!

marzNC

Angel Diva
We have off April 11-20 and would like to take my dc and mom somewhere. My mom won’t be skiing and is not that mobile so I would like somewhere quaint and easy for her like the center of Zermatt but it is too expensive. How about Chamonix? Supposed to be quaint, hotel in town is affordable and airport transfer is short. I know snow is pretty melted everywhere but the dates are set due to school vacation so will make the best of it. Other idea is Banff since we have the iKon pass. Thank you for and advice!!!
What did you end up deciding about where to go?

allright

Certified Ski Diva
Ironically we ended up going to Snowbird. It really worked out well and I got a good deal on the room and cheap flights. Thanks to everyone's advice though for Thanksgiving we are looking forward to a trip to Banff at the Moose Hotel. Can't wait!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna