• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Apres pants

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
Hiya, okay, first actual post with a question. What on earth do you wear for apres pants when you're out and about in the evenings, or during the day if you're having a wander around the village not skiing? I'm from Australia and our conditions are nothing nearly as cold as they can be in your parts - will my standard denim jeans cut it? Do you just wear your ski pants on the miserable/wet/really, really cold days? Recommendations and ideas much appreciated!

mustski

Angel Diva
It depends where you will be and when. If it is really cold, I wear flannel lined tights under my jeans and that is enough for me. The truth is that if it is really cold, I won't do much wandering. It will be more popping in and out of bars, restaurants, and shops that are in close proximity to either my parked car or my lodging. I will ski in it for sure, but I'm not motivated enough to wander.

Jilly

Staff member
I live on the mountain when in Tremblant. So it's jeans and whatever for a top. Could be a sweatshirt, could be a flannel shirt, with or without a vest. Casual.

But dinner out....whole other story. Depends on where I'm going. We do have some "fine dining" here, so blue jeans, might not cut it. But black jeans might. Or that "puffy skirt"! I also never wear my ski jacket out after skiing. It could be wet and needs to dry. Plus years ago, when people smoked inside, DH got his coat burnt by a cigarette. So I always have a back up coat to wear out.

Christy

Angel Diva
I wear silk long underwear beneath jeans to stay a bit warmer when going to dinner. If you are done skiing but want to wander or shop a bit on the way home there's nothing wrong with just wearing your ski pants. If it's wet you'll be glad to have them on.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I just continue to wear my technical pants (mid-layers, or baselayers, even) and call them "leggings".
Same. I usually throw a puffy or other skirt on over top of the base layer but depending on the base layer I may go solo. I wear/bring boots that I will be comfortable in both inside and out.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hiya, okay, first actual post with a question. What on earth do you wear for apres pants when you're out and about in the evenings, or during the day if you're having a wander around the village not skiing? I'm from Australia and our conditions are nothing nearly as cold as they can be in your parts - will my standard denim jeans cut it? Do you just wear your ski pants on the miserable/wet/really, really cold days? Recommendations and ideas much appreciated!
Are your ski pants insulated? Since I switched to shell pants a while back, what I wear underneath as a base layer or mid-layer is okay for a quick wander. Although within a "village" I usually leave the shell pants on with the ventilating zips undone. If I'm going to be inside for a while, then I change to casual pants that may be jeans.

By the way, my home mountain is just west of Washington DC. Most of the time the daytime temps are in the 20s or 30s, meaning around Zero Celsius. I have a completely different set of base layers for skiing in the northeast (VT/NH/ME) or in the Rockies. Haven't skied in Canada much yet where it's also much colder.

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If it's just after I have finished skiing I'll probably still be wearing my ski pants under which I wear a pair of running tights. If I have had time to change I'll wear just jeans but I have a really good winter coat and accessories so that is enough to keep me warm. Whereabouts will you be visiting?

canannie

Certified Ski Diva
I just bought a nice little wool skirt...........I will wear that with my base layer !
Not a puffy one, they don't go well with my hips LOL ! And if its really cold and wet just leave my ski attire on !

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought these pants recently. It's a no-name import brand, but for the price and quality, I'm keeping them to take on ski trips.

KBee

Angel Diva
I just take off my ski pants and wear my base layer with a stretchy mini skirt to cover up a bit more. Was cold today, so might go for something warmer--down or knitted wool? Has to be stretchy, though--because of the apres=eating part.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I take some soft shell hiking pants I got at an Rei garage sale. Talusphere , I think? They stop the wind and are easy to layer under if it is really crappy out, but they definitely don't earn me style points.

It if isnt too bad out, I second the repurposing of base layers for "leggings" with a tunic sweater.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have some faux fur-lined leggings that I really like to wear around town and in the evenings. They feel like an inside out plush animal and do a decent job of blocking the wind, though they aren't waterproof. I also wear a down parka rather than my ski jacket. Something about wearing the ski jacket all the time is unappealing to me, which I know makes zero sense, but the parka helps keep me toasty when I'm around town. The leggings look like regular leggings and look cute with my Sorel boots.
Fur Leggings Like these!

Christy

Angel Diva
I like the idea of lined leggings. I don't think I've ever seen those. Our regular vacation spot (Sun Valley) can get really cold--single digits sometimes--so I always need multiple layers.

I always bring a second jacket too so I don't have to wear my ski coat--if it's been snowing it gets wet! I want a new dry jacket for evenings.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
The lined leggings can be pretty inexpensive - I have bought those same ones at DSW before. Its like wearing kittens on your butt.
Kitten on your butt!!!! I love it! My kitties would not!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly