• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Apple Crash Detection causing problems for local 911 operators

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The local Summit County sheriff, Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, Copper, etc. was on the radio yesterday morning talking about this. They are required to check out every incident. If no answer they have to investigate. There were about 100 incidents in Nov. Jan was over 500 incidents.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The local Summit County sheriff, Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, Copper, etc. was on the radio yesterday morning talking about this. They are required to check out every incident. If no answer they have to investigate. There were about 100 incidents in Nov. Jan was over 500 incidents.
What a waste of resources. That can be turned off on the watch I believe. I’m trying to remember which article I read in which paper most recently!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, Apple has an update to turn off the watch but most users aren't aware of the update or that they've triggered a 911 call. Often the skiers don't hear the phone ring therefore personal contact must be made. Of course the skier is gone so yes it is a waste of resources especially in an area like Summit County which covers 4 ski areas.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Keep in mind that anyone who owns property (me) in Summit County is paying for this. The county is looking into charging users for these calls if they don't turn off the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing