• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone planning a Taos Ski Week?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It’s got a tub. My room has the same configuration as @santacruz skier ’s and the pictures on Snakedance’s website. I was in another studio layout in 2020 and it also had a full tub.
I’d like to stay at Snakedance next visit. How do I reserve a top floor unit? Is there a property manager or an owner?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wonder if my room at Alpine Suites has a tub? I got a small studio..... probably no balcony like at Snakedance but I heard Alpine Suites is more rustic and people really like it. I'll soon find out.
Call AVS and ask if the small studio has a tub, or, I’ll try to ask tomorrow for you. My King has a tub but I’ve not used it.

marzNC

Angel Diva
As my travel mates know, I tried to get to ABQ a day early to beat the winter weather. Picked the wrong connecting airport though. Stuck in Dallas until Friday. Both of the flights from Dallas to ABQ in the evening were cancelled. @TNtoTaos helped find a good hotel not too far from the airport that still had a few rooms left. So I'll be comfortable enough.

For those who know him, Jason made it from Ohio to ABQ today. Both flights were delayed about an hour but CLE-DEN-ABQ did work out. For sure he wasn't going to get out of Cleveland on Feb. 3.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
As my travel mates know, I tried to get to ABQ a day early to beat the winter weather. Picked the wrong connecting airport though. Stuck in Dallas until Friday. Both of the flights from Dallas to ABQ in the evening were cancelled. @TNtoTaos helped find a good hotel not too far from the airport that still had a few rooms left. So I'll be comfortable enough.

For those who know him, Jason made it from Ohio to ABQ today. Both flights were delayed about an hour but CLE-DEN-ABQ did work out. For sure he wasn't going to get out of Cleveland on Feb. 3.
I was just about to email you and see if you made it to ABQ. So where will you stay Friday night?

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Can you fly Taos Air?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's the storm that's got some of us stranded. My flight out of Boston is delayed a day.

Feb 3 massive storm 2022.jpg

And below is the snow predicition for now through Sunday.
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 6.55.12 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's the storm that's got some of us stranded. My flight out of Boston is delayed a day.
Certainly hope you, @DebbieSue , and @diymom can fly to ABQ on Friday morning.

Dallas got lucky. Less freezing rain and more sleet. Sleet is expected to stop by about 1pm local time. So fewer worries about power outages. In particular much less worry about the TX grid failing like a year ago. Local outages are on the order of 30,000 and already the numbers are going down. There is very little wind. So far few people without power and heat than what happened in the Boston area because of the recent weekend blizzard.

Ironically, I might have been better off flying via DEN. That was an option when I rebooked on Monday. Normally DAL is less risky than MDW or DEN in terms of problems with winter weather.

Last edited:

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I always think that some place like Denver can handle the winter weather better than Dallas, but maybe that's not true. We're flying out tomorrow through Dallas. Hope we don't get stuck, too!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Amazing how long an American Airlines chat wait time can last. I had a live agent (only took about 15 mintues to go from number 26) but he determined he couldn't help me anymore and needed to send the chat to a different department. In almost 3 hours I've gone from number 37 to 17. Sigh. Why am I doing this? I really don't know. They won't be able to get me a better flight at this point. But I booked with miles months ago for business class with only one stop. Now I am economy with 2 stops. And eventhough I was originally business class, now they are wanting to charge for the "better" economy seats. I am prepared to do battle in the morning to -not- pay for my second checked bag. I guess I've been holding for the chat in hopes to at least hold on to my early boarding privileges and checked bag privileges from my original booked flight. (Not the next one that was cancelled, or the next one that was cancelled.) Heavy sigh.

And in the mean time, my phone is occupied with the chat, and I'm afraid to go to my texts for fear that my chat will disappear. Have I said -sigh- yet?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Must say that the callback option for Southwest Customer Service works well. Have been getting a callback within 20-30 minutes this week. More importantly, I'm not tied up paying attention to the phone.

Whether the call ends up helpful or not depends on the situation. But I learn something every time in any case.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Amazing how long an American Airlines chat wait time can last. I had a live agent (only took about 15 mintues to go from number 26) but he determined he couldn't help me anymore and needed to send the chat to a different department. In almost 3 hours I've gone from number 37 to 17. Sigh. Why am I doing this? I really don't know. They won't be able to get me a better flight at this point. But I booked with miles months ago for business class with only one stop. Now I am economy with 2 stops. And eventhough I was originally business class, now they are wanting to charge for the "better" economy seats. I am prepared to do battle in the morning to -not- pay for my second checked bag. I guess I've been holding for the chat in hopes to at least hold on to my early boarding privileges and checked bag privileges from my original booked flight. (Not the next one that was cancelled, or the next one that was cancelled.) Heavy sigh.

And in the mean time, my phone is occupied with the chat, and I'm afraid to go to my texts for fear that my chat will disappear. Have I said -sigh- yet?
I feel your pain. Getting to Albuquerque is tough for us all, but your story may be one of the worst.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just want to say that @marzNC has done a fantastic job of on-ground travel coordination and communication all around as this winter storm has messed up our flights and jerked us around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna