• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone notice any new ski trends this season?

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just looked up these manufacturers. Their jackets are predominantly anoraks.

Why do people choose anorak jackets? There's no zipper. You have to pull it off over your head at lunch. That seems to me to be an uncomfortable thing to do. I am open minded and hope someone can convince me this is no big deal, and that there's an advantage to not having a zipper on the ski jacket.

OK, this is interesting. I just looked up the meaning of "anorak." I find definitions saying any jacket with a hood, used in extreme cold temps. That's not the common usage I've come to know. I've always thought it means a jacket with a 1/2 or 3/4 zipper, not a full zipper.
Warmth if there's not a full zip at the front (no gap in the insulation). I don't normally pull my jacket off for lunch if I've got a pullover, I can take a midlayer off instead and be fairly comfy. It is also easier to layer up without getting cold as you don't take your whole outer layer off

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't know Aldi made ski wear, but they do, and it is apparently heading Down Under.
Aldi's southern ski wear
The pink and navy anorak is cute, but I'd need dark blue ski pants and am not sure I like the over the head pullover style.
Last sentence was telling: "Borrowing heavily from the form fitting trend with knee pads and streamlined silhouettes"...

shadoj

Angel Diva
I didn't know Aldi made ski wear, but they do, and it is apparently heading Down Under.
Aldi's southern ski wear
The pink and navy anorak is cute, but I'd need dark blue ski pants and am not sure I like the over the head pullover style.
Last sentence was telling: "Borrowing heavily from the form fitting trend with knee pads and streamlined silhouettes"...
Well, if I can get my groceries and ski wear in the same place...! I was just there this morning, but alas, no winter fashion to be had. Next season! Ah, megasuperstorebrands ;)

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, and I almost forgot…did anyone who went to Taos notice the “skate/ski boarder”? Looks like a skateboard with no, yup no leash. I met the guy trying to market it. Hmmm sounds like a literal headache. Can you imagine falling off and 1) having to chase it but 2) more importantly having it fly into a skier
is that what these are called? I saw some weird boards, no bindings, anti-slip pads on top, and the yahoos were sledding head first down the hill. I wondered, how do they steer? how do they stop?

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"Borrowing heavily from the form fitting trend with knee pads and streamlined silhouettes"...
I have Volcom pants with built-in knee pads. Useless for skiing, but they were awesome when I used to snowboard (and fell a lot).

is that what these are called? I saw some weird boards, no bindings, anti-slip pads on top, and the yahoos were sledding head first down the hill. I wondered, how do they steer? how do they stop?
Sledding? I've seen people on them like it's a skateboard. Looks like the technique is similar to snowboarding. I saw a couple videos where people responsibly had leashes, which I haven't seen in real life.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Saw two guys on a chairlift at Heavenly with them yesterday!

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The ones in the video are Snowskates. Hovland is big brand of them . They're allowed where I ski but Have to have a leash. I see one at least once a month.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, how things come full circle. This was me in the 70's. Same look, same issues.
Me too! This realization is not helping me purge my closets! Although if it’s a 20 year cycle from now I would be getting close to 90! And I’m not sure 90 year olds should be in hip hugger jeans anyway! :laughter::wink:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly