• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have experience with Roces boots?

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i am looking at gear for my adoptive granddaughter, age 9, but small for her age. Very athletic. I am thinking of getting her a pair because they supposedly grow with her. Anyone have any experience with them? She'd be in the 19.0-22.0 size, since she is a 19.0 this year.

Thanks!

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I don't know if they have changed in the past few years, but we had them for one season on DD. our feeling was that if the kid is an advanced skier, they aren't great - dd didn't like them at all. I think if the kid is just starting out they would probably be fine but quite soft. I will say they are very easy for a kid to get into. We ended up deciding that it would be better to get a new boot when the kids needed it - we've often bought new (but last season's) boots and then sold them online or at a ski swap at the end of the season at not much of a loss. It's worked out well for us – because you can find the discounted boots from previous season at a very reasonable price. Only thing about it is that it takes more time…

marzNC

Angel Diva
My impression is that for people who know how to buy used boots for kids or are willing to sell boots bought new, not too much point to go with the Roces. Is there a ski shop locally who does any sort of deals for kids? My local shop sometimes has used gear for kids for sale. Or will take used gear for store credit.

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
I don't know if they have changed in the past few years, but we had them for one season on DD. our feeling was that if the kid is an advanced skier, they aren't great - dd didn't like them at all. I think if the kid is just starting out they would probably be fine but quite soft. I will say they are very easy for a kid to get into. We ended up deciding that it would be better to get a new boot when the kids needed it - we've often bought new (but last season's) boots and then sold them online or at a ski swap at the end of the season at not much of a loss. It's worked out well for us – because you can find the discounted boots from previous season at a very reasonable price. Only thing about it is that it takes more time…

This was our same conclusion. My son had a pair two years ago at age 10 and they were too soft and only dual buckle, which didn’t help the flex issue. I felt the cuff was short for a tall child. Maybe ok for a beginner? A seasonal lease package makes more sense IMO.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It has worked really well for us- especially from a cost standpoint. My kid got 4 seasons out of a pair and it’s about to be handed down to her little sister. You don’t have to adjust bindings as the boot is extended. That said, she’s not a super aggressive skier - but it’s been great for cruising blues and greens. Btw - level9 has a ski plus boot package for kids that’s a pretty good deal!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly