• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have exercises for patellar tracking issues?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A few weeks ago I thought I destroyed my knee while doing trail work; the good news is, I didn't, but I have chronically misaligned patellae. My kneecaps kind of point outwards, and don't track the way they should, which causes a lot of pain, grinding, and apparently instability. Walking up and down stairs is a b*** right now.

I need to stretch and strengthen and try to keep the kneecaps from being pulled outward so much, and I guess this is just a thing I have to deal with. I have a good routine of exercises in place, but I'm wondering if anyone had dealt with this and has recommendations? Resources? Routines that work for you? Do you use a j-bar brace, and how is it? Have you tried the injection approach? Thanks for any feedback!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^^^ agree w @Bookworm
KT Tape - even a small strategicly placed "c" shape wrap under or a more agressive double wrap stablizing the patella can help support. Are you working w PT?

Getting the IT band to relax is helpfull.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, both!
I've done PT in the past for this, so I still have the exercises. I've been negligent lately, which is why it got so bad. The injury was a come-to-Jesus reminder that I need to say on top of this if I want to be active.

I do have KT tape and it seems to help. Will keep using it.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I made it on I need support with a patella question last year. But the last couple of years before that I survived on KT tape!

newboots

Angel Diva
I made it on I need support with a patella question last year. But the last couple of years before that I survived on KT tape!

What?

I’m dealing with a super-right IT band now. Got injured (sort of) at PT, but I consulted with my doctor and got some direction.

Going hiking in the Whites beginning Tuesday. Fingers crossed! @SallyCat - good luck! Do your exercises!

newboots

Angel Diva

What?

I’m dealing with a super-tight IT band now. Got injured (sort of) at PT, but I consulted with my doctor and got some direction.

Going hiking in the Whites beginning Tuesday. Fingers crossed! @SallyCat - good luck! Do your exercises!

Sorry for the duplicate. I don’t seem to have editing privileges on the first one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna