• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have any off season trips planned?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone planning a vacation during the off season? Going to the beach, camping with the kids, climbing a 14-er?

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have a friend's wedding in June, but that is local.

Already have concert tickets to see The Cure, REM, Modest Mouse, Jack Johnson and the Mile High Music Festival. Hoping to get tickets for B52s & Cake. Trying to decide if I'm going to take a weekend off to make it to Telluride for the annual Blues & Brews Festival. Waiting to see when Widespread Panic is going to post their summer tour.

LOTS of hiking & camping...drinking adult beverages on sunny patios!

Maybe a trip to Seattle to visit friends.

Working in between to pay for all of this!

Summer can be more expensive for me than winter!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My off-season travel this year is extensive, particularly b/c my season ended in early March with Solitude....so from March through September, here's where I know I'm going:

weddings: NYC (done), Cayman Islands (done), Connecticut, Austin
reunion: New Hampshire; I have another reunion in southern New England, but I can't make it.
milestone birthday -- my grandmother is turning 100!: Taiwan
road race: San Francisco -- Bay to Breakers!

I'm also spending a weekend at the beach, but that's pretty local-ish.

I hope I survive all this!!

Jilly

Staff member
Nothing concrete at the moment. Best beach in Ontario is only 20 minutes away. Go most weekends. Some neat entertainment coming up locally. Rock weekends, beatles weekend etc. Don't really need to travel. Also family cottage for long weekends. Take up our boat and get dad out on the water. Need to save some money this summer. Condo, season passes, Colorado next year!! Oh and skis!! Need skis next year!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
What travel?

As usual, I will be spending the summer hammer/paintbrush in hand..... we're tearing out a bathroom this spring (a/k/a "Black Fly Season"). I don't expect to come up for air much before 4th of July (when the black flies DIE! :yahoo: ) After that, a little waterskiing, maybe a lot? And then the painting begins....I have to paint at least one section of my house EVERY YEAR, so it's on the "4 year plan." And the entire front porch needs a coat (70 feet long).

Basically, for me, when ski season is done, the fun is over. The work season begins.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't have anything planned other than long weekends in Vail and camping trips. I might get down to Houston to see mom at some point but I'd rather they come here. I mean, Houston, in summer, is miserable!

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe a week in FL at my sister's, maybe a few weekends in NH. Maybe the Montreal Beer Festival end of May.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We start the summer season off with a hang gliding competition at Kitty Hawk , North Carolina May 10th-18th. Then , its work on the house and wait for the wind to blow northwest 5-15mph. When the wind is just right, its fly from a mountain in New York state. We would love to make a trip to the 4 corners region this year and fly from Point of the Mountain. We'll see. August brings a trip to central Pennsylvania for a family reunion and celebration of my hubby's mom's 90th birthday. Hope also to get some kayaking in this year.

SouthernSkier

Certified Ski Diva
I'm planning on a first backpacking trip with my 3 year old. Nothing hard, just an easy overnight trip in the Smokey Mountains. I'll be heading to Merlefest later this week. DH has a business trip to Dublin, Ireland this summer, and I'll be joining him. I live just over 2 hours from the beach, so I'll be doing several day trips this summer. We'll also take a prolonged trip to Myrtle Beach. We just finished a trip to Orlando (Disney World) and Miami, so I don't think we will get back to Florida this year. DH's parents live on a lake, so we will visit several times for boating, jet skiing, water skiing, tubing, etc. This fall, we will be heading up to Washington, DC - it has been a few years since we've been there. And we will visit my brother and his family in NYC in early December (I *love* NYC with all the Christmas decorations up).

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SouthernSkier,
If you're in NYC early December bring your boots and extend for skiing for a few days!

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As usual, I will be spending the summer hammer/paintbrush in hand.....

And then the painting begins....I have to paint at least one section of my house EVERY YEAR, so it's on the "4 year plan." And the entire front porch needs a coat (70 feet long).

Heh. I think we're still recovering from painting our house ourselves (exterior).

At least I got to change all the colors. Artistic control.

altagirl

Staff member
Summer can be more expensive for me than winter!

Summer is DEFINITELY more expensive for me. Winter all I need is a season pass and whatever I spend on gear.

This summer the big trips for MTB racing are:

Sea Otter (Monterey, CA) - done this past weekend
Angel Fire, NM - in a couple weeks
Pocatello, ID
White Pine, WY
Mt. Snow, VT
Pomerelle, ID
Sol Vista, CO
plus several weekends racing locally.

And then the non-racing trips:
Whistler, BC
Brianhead, UT
and at least a half-dozen trips to Moab.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not much...probably a week in Tahoe to visit some friends and do some mountain biking.

Hopefully a few good weekends on Flaming Gorge with the parents and dogs, and a trip or two to Moab and Fruita this fall.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, I hope to make it down to Moab this summer. And I would like to explore some of the national parks in Utah.

At some point, I may get back to my old home in DC... depends on if we can actually afford plane fare. ugh.

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My family has two weekend camping trips planned. Also going to the Adirondack Mountains for 8 nights at the end of June. We go to this campground every year (I've been going there for longer than I can remember). A trip to Boston for the 4th of July. Looking forward to it all!!

Sherry

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My summer travel

I won't count my business travel (average about 50,000 miles per year). Guaranteed trips to Atlanta, DC, TX, FL.

My personal travel plans so far:

April 29---Spain and Sardinia for 2 weeks

Memorial Day: Annual family trip to Jackson Hole (get to see my son who will cook something delightful for us)

July 4: Montana camping/fishing in the outback somewhere remote (secret--PM me for the best spots)

July 24: Montana outback

August---fantasy, not likely to happen---skiing in Chile (not firm plans yet)

TBD: a backpack excursion for a couple of nights :thumbsup:

Nope. Not yet.

But now you ladies have me on travelocity looking for a place to go!!!!! :becky:

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Already have concert tickets to see The Cure, REM, Modest Mouse, Jack Johnson and the Mile High Music Festival. Hoping to get tickets for B52s & Cake. Trying to decide if I'm going to take a weekend off to make it to Telluride for the annual Blues & Brews Festival. Waiting to see when Widespread Panic is going to post their summer tour.

The Mile High music festival sounds amazing! That would be music euphoria for me. I would like to go but I don't know if I will have the dinero!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly