• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have any off season trips planned?

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't wait! I've been traveling to Europe with my son since he was two. He's only three now, so we haven't been doing it all *that* long, but we've been to four countries so far. It does change how you travel some - you just can't see as much in any given day - but it is well worth it nonetheless.

Well, we actually WANT to do it without the kids. :laugh: We just don't want to leave them at these ages. :becky: :thumbsup:

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We'll be all over Ohio. The ILs are in Cincinnati, my mom is west of Toledo, sister in Columbus, and my mom has planned a birthday party for my stepdad in Cleveland. I haven't been to Cedar Point in years, would love to get back there sometime, but DS is still a little young for it, I think. Plus with all the family that *needs* to see DS while we're in town, we'll probably be plenty busy while we're there! :becky:

Do you know where Geauga Lake is? It's in Aurora <5 minutes from my folks>. About 30 minutes outside of Cleveland. Cedar Fair bought it <owners of Cedar Point> and last year turned it into a WATER PARK!!!!
FUN FUN FUN for kids!! My nieces LOVE it!! I do miss the old Tsunami wave pool of days of ole' Geauga Lake, but they tore that out years ago, and now have a more "Lake Erie waves" wave pool. Lots of fun water stuff for kids and adults alike. You should check it out if time allows.

Oh.. and if you can, visit the Cleveland Zoo if you have time. It's 5 minutes from downtown, and such a wonderful place. If you've never been to the Rainforest, your DS would have a blast! Just a thought!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I've been to Geauga Lake, many many years ago. We used to go to Cedar Point at least a couple times every summer, but I don't think I've been there in probably at least 10 years now. We're only going to be in Cleveland for two days, and I think we're headed to an Indians game on one of them. The zoo was brought up as a possible sidetrip as well...my DS is 2 and my niece is 16 months, so they would definitely enjoy it!

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
We'll be in Maine over July 4th weekend.
Quebec City area for a week in October.
We don't really take a summer vacation...we camp a lot at our local state parks which is always fun. We also pop up to Montreal for a night here and there every couple of months.
Our big trips come in the winter...Florida for a week in March and most likely will be going to Vegas toward the end of next February for a few days.

Chicago first weekend of June to celebrate our oldest daughter's 21st birthday with her, her boyfriend, her Mom and stepdad (I am her stepmom).

Vermont last week of July with all 5 kids at Smuggler's Notch for hiking, hanging, cooking, and visiting Burlington.

Vermont last weekend in August with just DH (:love:) camping in Southern VT near Stratton Mtn.

NYC Labor Day weekend (?) with my girls to see my family.

Then, saving gas & $ for ski season.

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We don't really do summer vacations, but we go to our friends cottage for a few days and go on motorcycle trips.

This year we're planning an Iron Butt Ride which is a long distance ride in under 24 hours. We're also planning a Northern Lights Ride and maybe a little ride to Lake Placid.

But what I'm really waiting for is the Chili Cook off at Blue Mountain! Yum, Chili and beer! :drool:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:mad: Crud. All I'm doing is camping. I wanna play with the big dogs! :p You guys have some AMAZING travels planned! :clap:

My gf and I said when the kids are in high school we'll start traveling to Europe. Since hers just turned 2 I think we've got quite a wait! :laugh:

No need to wait that long ... we took ours at 8 and 11, and it was perfect. They traveled easily, they had enough stamina to sightsee as much as was practical, they were interested in what we did and where we went, they enjoyed the food and language and trying to figure out how to flush toilets in various countries (it's always different!)-- and they will remember it.

Now, you can certainly take younger kids, but it would be more for your experience, I would think, then for what they would get out of it. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But it depends on the kid ... I never in a million years would have taken my son at 2, just because it would have been too difficult and a waste of time. There are plenty of kids who would handle it all just fine, though.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This has been a big travel year for me ... and on Sunday we continue, by going to Hawaii. I've never been, actually. We always seem to plan our trips during winter/spring, to ski (funny, that!). So this should be nice.

Except we're going to the Big Island, which last I saw was covered in vog, and the forecast for the first few days is rain ... ha ha. Oh well, that can always change.

The kids get out of school the Friday before Memorial Day, so we always try to go somewhere that week, because even though Mem Day weekend is a travel time, the rest of the week is pretty light, because most kids are still in school. It's pretty nice. Except the beaches can still be a little cool (in Cali, anyway, which is where we usually go).

Next summer we're banking on a southern hemisphere ski trip, but I'm not sure where yet. Or we might go back to Europe during spring break with the kids. (Can you tell I currently have the travel bug?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly