• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have any off season trips planned?

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
In August, my daughter (who is 12) and I are heading to Portillo for a week of skiing. Here's to endless winter!

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Thanks; I've missed all the Divas. It was a long, long season. The job at Sunday River was fun, but totally time-consuming. I worked 6 days most weeks; seven during the holidays. I finished up on 4/13 and headed off to Mammoth on 4/27 for a week with some other instructors to watch the PSIA D-Team tryouts and to cheer on the contingent from Maine and the rest of the east. 3 eastern skiers made the Alpine team -- the most ever. Mamoth has great terrain and the experience was an absolute total blast -- like skiing Tuckerman every run, with lifts. This morning, I finally finished unpacking and putting the summer wax on my skis.

Who made the team from the NE? I had an instructor named Kathy from Waterville Valley when I attended ESA Stowe and I think she was a candidate....

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
On June 1st I'm going to London with my folks and my brother, then on June 3rd I'm going to Dublin with my brother. On June 7th I'm flying to LAX for a two week holiday on the american west coast with my bf. Haven't got a clue what we will end up doing over there. So any tips will be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Then four weeks at work, don't know where at the moment.

Then I'm going up north in Norway for a friend's 40th. So I plan to drive around the northern part of norway for while. It's very beautiful up there. Then I'm going camping with friends for a week.

Then back to work to save up some money for my two month CO trip in Feb and March '09 :ski2:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
OOn June 7th I'm flying to LAX for a two week holiday on the american west coast with my bf. Haven't got a clue what we will end up doing over there. So any tips will be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Astrid, start a new thread in "resorts, conditions, travel" and ask for advice about California and what to see/where to go. I'm sure the divas out that way will be happy to give you lots of advice! I can't help much, I'm on the other side of the country!! But I think that a driving trip up the Pacific Coast Highway (U.S. 1) would be wonderful :smile: So much to see and do there, you will be busy! I have been there in early June - the mornings have a lot of fog but then it clears out.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh good lord. We're the traveling family. You guys will get sick of how much I'm gone. :love:

We're starting in June with camping in Hadley, MI for a week.

The beginning of July we go camping in Tawas, MI for another week.

Then we're going camping for a long weekend about 2 weeks after the last one down near the Michigan/Indiana line.

A week later we leave for Grand Marais, MI for another week. This is by far my favorite place to go. We've been doing a week up there for about 15 years. We take the jet skis out on Lake Superior and do hiking and such.

August is pretty free so far except for coming back from Grand Marais and then Labor Day weekend we go to Hubbard Lake.

The end of September we're back at Hubbard Lake for a wedding.

The end of October I'm heading to NJ/NY for a girls weekend.

Then the ski season starts winding up! :love:

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our first of many camping/hiking in the whites will be memorial day week. Plan on doing as many day hikes as my body will allow. Trying to save money so I can fly out to colorado next ski season to visit my friend and give those mountains a go for the first time :smile:

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am going to Napa Valley in California, and New Mexico for a wedding.

And my brother is getting married so I get to be a bridesmaid in that wedding, that is in Chicago in August, nice and humid.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Embarking on a 10-day trip to SF and Austin TX tonight. rachelv would be so proud of my packing prowess: 4 pairs of shoes (clogs, running shoes, heels, Tevas), running AND wedding clothes, and normal kicking back clothes all in a carryon! Actually, the clogs are on my feet.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm just back from Spain and Sardinia and it was fabuloso.

Madrid: it just happened to be the 200th anniversary of Spain's independence from France---Dos de Mayo--when Napolean got his butt kicked and fled Spain.

Copyofeuropeanvacation2008118.jpg

[ame=https://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/dloveski/?action=view&current=europeanvacation2008306.flv]
th_europeanvacation2008306.jpg
[/ame]

And Sardinia----what can I say except turquoise blue sea and lonely beaches? May is a great time to go....

Sunset in Baja Sardinia:

europeanvacation2008193.jpg

europeanvacation2008227.jpg

SouthernSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Madrid: it just happened to be the 200th anniversary of Spain's independence from France---Dos de Mayo--when Napolean got his butt kicked and fled Spain.
I was in Madrid this past fall. I absolutely *loved* it. A wonderful city. I can't wait to go back to Spain.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Madrid is way cool. The boutiques are unbelievable---it's like Rodeo Drive meets Paris---but even better. And the TAPAS. We loved Madrid and will definitely return.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:mad: Crud. All I'm doing is camping. I wanna play with the big dogs! :p You guys have some AMAZING travels planned! :clap:

My gf and I said when the kids are in high school we'll start traveling to Europe. Since hers just turned 2 I think we've got quite a wait! :laugh:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
two weddings-one in Mobile, Al last weekend, another in Peoria, IL May 31st

2 or 3 trips to my dad's in Vermont, including ten days around Labor Day

A week at Edisto Island, SC for beach bumming in July

Family Reunion in Odell, IL first weekend of August

And then wherever mother nature sends this years worst hurricanes, compliments of Red Cross Disaster Services :eyebrows:

abc

Banned
"Off-season"? Winter is my off-season. Summer is my busy season. But...

I don't travel much during summer!

The northeast is at its best in summer so I'm staying to enjoy. Well, going up to VT or NH. But I do that every other weekend anyway so there's no need to "plan".

The one "big" travel I HAVE TO do is to visit Hong Kong and China. It'll need to be done this year (family obligation) and I'm trying to squeeze it in without upsetting my other activities.

(Visits to HK/China are mostly eating affairs. As much as I enjoy the food, the inactivity does get to me, so does the intense crowd... :( On the other hand, the culture and the history... it blows my mind!)

hoodgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just booked a cruise to Keys, Cayman Islands, and Jamaica for my
5th anniversary at the end of September.:yahoo:
We also have plans in July to hike the Eagle Cap Wilderness in Eastern Oregon.
Our plan is to fill the summer up with camping, hiking, and general relaxation when not working.
It was almost 90 here today so I am really feeling all "summer-y" now.....

but still counting the days until next ski season.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nothing too exciting planned here. Almost two weeks in Ohio visiting family in June will be our big "vacation". :laugh: Used to only have to spend a few days, but the grandparents need more time with DS (they couldn't care less about me! :wink:).

Hopefully you'll be somewhere near one of the parks! Do you like Cedar Point? Ohio's not exactly the "hot spot" for vacations, but if you're in the Cleveland area I can always point out some other things you can do!!

SouthernSkier

Certified Ski Diva
My gf and I said when the kids are in high school we'll start traveling to Europe. Since hers just turned 2 I think we've got quite a wait! :laugh:
Don't wait! I've been traveling to Europe with my son since he was two. He's only three now, so we haven't been doing it all *that* long, but we've been to four countries so far. It does change how you travel some - you just can't see as much in any given day - but it is well worth it nonetheless.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hopefully you'll be somewhere near one of the parks! Do you like Cedar Point? Ohio's not exactly the "hot spot" for vacations, but if you're in the Cleveland area I can always point out some other things you can do!!

We'll be all over Ohio. The ILs are in Cincinnati, my mom is west of Toledo, sister in Columbus, and my mom has planned a birthday party for my stepdad in Cleveland. I haven't been to Cedar Point in years, would love to get back there sometime, but DS is still a little young for it, I think. Plus with all the family that *needs* to see DS while we're in town, we'll probably be plenty busy while we're there! :becky:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna