• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have any off season trips planned?

C

CMCM

Hmmm, well, numerous mountain biking trips at Tahoe, a trip or two to the ocean (Mendocino, later to Monterey/Carmel), perhaps one trip to Maui at some point before November, and I'm tentatively planning a trip to England with my sister to visit the place we lived (and where she was born). Also a trip to Seattle for a reunion with people we knew and worked with while in Saudi Arabia in the 80's, and on the way to Seattle a ski stop at Mt. Hood...if there's enough snow there in July!:ski2:

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only definitive plan is a 4 day week-end in Ashland, OR for the Shakespeare Festival. Potential plans that have been discussed including camping/off road trips to Big Sur, Monterey/Carmel, Tahoe, Yosemite (all week-end trips or long week-end).

Jilly

Staff member
Anyone interested in concerts this one was just announced yesterday for my home town. Classic Rock weekend - 3 nights -
Thursday - Tom Cochrane and Red rider with David Wilcox and a group called the Sled Dogs.
Friday - Bachman-Cummins - yeah Randy Bachman and Burton Cummins. They opened this venue 2 years ago - sold out
Also that night is Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad fame and a group Crash Parallel
Saturday night - Steve Winwood with Colin James and Clifton David as opening acts.

Then, the next weekend is Beatles weekend. Abbey Road on the River Canada.

PM me if you want more details. Tickets for the classsic rock weekend go on sale next Friday the 25th.

Bing

Angel Diva
Oh yeah !!!

We have a 26 foot hard travel trailer - we are taking it out this weekend and then will go every second weekend (and a week in July ) until Thanksgiving, when we sadly say goodbye to the trailer but HELLO to ski season.

As for what we do out there ... we bike, fish, run, relax and connect as a family - lots of board games etc. LOVE family time.

Bing

Angel Diva
Hi Jilly -

No, traffic back into Oakville is so horrific it sucks the fun out of the trip. We are heading to: MacGregor Point, Long Point, Albion Hills, Arrowhead, Hamlin Beach in NY and the Pinery as well as others I can't remember.

When we were young we loved Sandbanks and spent a tonne of time there.

Jilly

Staff member
Yeah, forgot you're on the "other side". Even heading North for you would be traffic chaos. I'm only 20 minutes from the Sandbanks, so we're there with the boat most weekends.

Marigee

Angel Diva
We are heading to Israel the first week of July. It could be our last trip will all three boys since #1 son is starting to go his own way. :(

We are also going to Santa Barbara early August to visit #1 son. He has a summer internship there. He doesn't really need a visit from us, but it gives us a nice excuse to go there - I have been told it is very beautiful.

Christy

Angel Diva
We're going to France (Paris and Dordogne) the last two weeks in May (we're addicted to France-it's our 3rd trip in 4 years); my mother-in-laws 75th birthday party in Iowa City in June; New York City sometime in late summer; and most weekends mid-July to mid-September will be spent backpacking in the Cascades. Yay! I love to travel.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're going to France (Paris and Dordogne) the last two weeks in May.

I LOVE the Dordogne. I had a memorable run along the river in the early morning mist with castle remains on the hilltops and few cars and during my run, I encountered only one old man sitting under his tree in his garden. Around Les Eyzies there are outstandingly preserved cave paintings and carvings created by our ancestors fifteen thousand years ago.

ENJOY. And the wild boar. the food. c'est bon.:yahoo: :yahoo:

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only "travel" I have planned at this point is going to North Conway to visit my nephews. Nothing too exciting. I save the travel budget/expense for winter when I can use it ski! :snow:

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kayak trip on the Salmon, Desperado Dual bike ride in Panguitch Utah and a variety of other bike rides in Colorado.

Christy

Angel Diva
I LOVE the Dordogne. I had a memorable run along the river in the early morning mist with castle remains on the hilltops and few cars and during my run, I encountered only one old man sitting under his tree in his garden. Around Les Eyzies there are outstandingly preserved cave paintings and carvings created by our ancestors fifteen thousand years ago.

Oh, yeah, the Lascaux gaves and Grotto de Faume (sp?) are definitely on the agenda. The region looks like fairy-tale land--glad to hear you liked it so much!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not exactly a trip but something to look forward to. My mom and step dad are coming up from Houston to see James Taylor at Red Rocks Ampitheater from row 16 in August. :D

I love Red Rocks.....

I was in NYC last weekend visiting family.

This weekend I'm in Cambridge MA for a 3 day training seminar.

June will find me in Chicago for a weekend with DH and our oldest daughter (and her boyfriend, mom, and stepdad) celebrating her 21st birthday....

July will find me at Smuggler's Notch, Vermont with DH and all 5 of our kids for a week.

August will find me camping with DH in Jamaica VT if DH can get the weekend off and Labor Day weekend back to NYC to see my family.

And then . . . it's countdown to ski season!

Not exactly a trip but something to look forward to. My mom and step dad are coming up from Houston to see James Taylor at Red Rocks Ampitheater from row 16 in August. :D

PERRRRRFECT!!!!!!!!!!! He's my favorite!!!!!!! :love:

Hey Robyn! I gotta thank you!

I forgot to buy our James Taylor tix...so silly me I went to ticketmaster and I couldn't get any 2 tix together lower than row 63 (which is like 3 from the top row at Red Rocks!) :eek:

So I tried for single tickets! I got one in the 13th row and one in the 16th row right in the same seat #...and since it's at Red Rocks....we can scootchie together! :D LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the reminder! :yahoo:

I just LOVE JT! :love:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nothing too exciting planned here. Almost two weeks in Ohio visiting family in June will be our big "vacation". :laugh: Used to only have to spend a few days, but the grandparents need more time with DS (they couldn't care less about me! :wink:).

We'll also be making a short trip up to Rapid City, SD/Mt Rushmore at the beginning of September. My stepdad has a convention in Rapid City and my parents are driving out for it before continuing down to Denver and then on to the major national parks. They offered to pay for DS and I to come up and stay with them in SD and since I've never been to Mt Rushmore, I said sure!

I would love to make a few short trips around Colorado, depending on time and money availability. I'd really like to go to Glenwood for a weekend, and maybe one or more of Steamboat/Crested Butte/Aspen/Durango. Just not sure a)if I'm brave enough to do vacation travel by myself with just a toddler for company and b) if I'll even have time in my busy triathlon training/racing season.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly