• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Anyone have any of these newspapers??

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sunday (July 11) LA Times
Sunday (July 11) Seattle Times
Sunday (July 11) Dallas Morning News
Tuesday (July 13) Washington Post

If you do, could you cut out and send me the review for KINGS OF THE EARTH? It's received incredible write-ups in each of these papers, and I'd love to have hard copies.

PM me so I can get you my address.

I'm sure there'll be more newspapers to add as time goes by, so if anyone spots a review somewhere, I'd love to know about it.

Appreciate the help!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Funny story -- one of my good friends is from Dallas and is down there visiting family right now, and he's going to bring back a copy of the Dallas paper from the 11th. He's not going to be back in town for a while, but if you can't track one down sooner I'll mail it to you late July when he gets back with it.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
4789676811_e00d48f9f5_b_d.jpg

Hard copy of full page will be in the mail shortly. I'm just having way too much fun with Adobe Acrobat Pro this morning.

Christy

Angel Diva
I don't get the Seattle Times but I did notice it was linked in large text from the front page of the website, with a picture of the book cover. So not just a little review buried in the arts section!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, all!

BTW, the links in my initial post go to the reviews on line.

tahoe girl

Diva in Training
Your public library might have a newspaper database that you could use to search for reviews in various and sundry papers. Not as satisfying as the actual paper but it might expand your review file!

~tahoe girl

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
THANKS!!!!

BTW, Jon's reading tonight in Seattle: Elliott Bay Books, 7 PM.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This was too weird to not share ...

The Metro stop closest to me is also an Amtrak stop. When I got there yesterday afternoon, I went in to the Newstand to see if they had the Washington Post. Yay! They did. So I came home feeling almost smug. (Ok, we've all had days that are THAT bad ... when achieving a goal like "buy a paper" can seem like a big success.)

I dropped the paper on the table and took my dog for a walk. Out in the driveway lay the local paper. I dropped it off inside too. Later, I noticed that it wasn't the local paper, it was the Washington Post. Yes ... though I don't even subscribe to the Post, they decided to deliver me one with the review of Jon's book!

Isn't that strange?

Of course, now I have two Posts from yesterday ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna