• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have an integrated helmet and visor? Yay or nay?

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried on the Solomon Driver helmet and liked that it came with two lenses that you can swap out so the price comes out in the wash. I need 2 new goggles (one for flat/foggy and also sunny) so thought this might be a nice alternative?

Jilly

Staff member
I tried the Head Queen....COLD!! There was no way to close the vents. I have the Salomon Icon as the Driver doesn't fit my head shape. I wore it once and I need to try it again now that I have the mask situation worked out.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Giro Vue and love it. I like that I can push the visor up slightly to air out the fogging. But they did not work in blizzard condition because the gaps along the top and side let snow in, causing the lens to freeze on the inside.

newboots

Angel Diva
I hated my visor helmet. Yes, it was more convenient, except when I fell and the visor slid up and I broke my glasses. And except that it didn’t fit well enough to “seal.” I still fumble around with my goggles, because I skied my first three years with the visor and didn’t learn how to manage normal goggles. It was a bad choice.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I picked up a Head Rachel helmet recently but have yet to try it on hill. I’m thinking it’ll be nice for spring skiing since the foam at the bottom of the visor isn’t fully against my face. It would probably work with a thicker fleece gaiter though. I like the way it doesn’t look “visory.” And the top of the visor sits under the lip of the helmet for a better seal up top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly