• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone Else Dragon Boat Paddling

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Congrats @Jilly ! I first heard of dragon boat paddling when I first moved to Boston for internship and then a handful of years ago I watched a few races of the Boston Dragon Boat Festival. Right after that, I briefly looked into getting involved but didn't get far. I wonder what the scene is like here in my new home of Northern New Jersey.

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Just searched for NJ dragon boat clubs and found one that practices at a lake that's a half hour from me. Hmm....Also, their website includes links and Canadian clubs/teams are extremely well represented!

Jilly

Staff member
This seasons' haul. 1 gold from the Tampa Bay International Races held back in April. 2 Bronze medals from the World Championships held in July in Sarasota and 2 gold medals from the Canadian Nationals held last weekend in Montreal.300903929_10159993541883550_7808155190828769740_n.jpg

I am so done paddling this year. Bring on some snow!!

Jenny

Angel Diva
This seasons' haul. 1 gold from the Tampa Bay International Races held back in April. 2 Bronze medals from the World Championships held in July in Sarasota and 2 gold medals from the Canadian Nationals held last weekend in Montreal.View attachment 19025

I am so done paddling this year. Bring on some snow!!
Nice collection!

yogiskier

Angel Diva
@Jilly thank you SO much for introducing me to dragonboating! I've been paddling with a local mixed team in my new home state of New Jersey since May and it has been so much fun! Their first race is Hartford, Connecticut in 2 weeks, but I'll be on vacation. One of our coaches will be in Thailand for Worlds next month. How are you and the Belleville Dragons doing this season??

Jilly

Staff member
It's such a great sport. I have 4 team mates on the Canadian National Team heading to Thailand. Next year the Canadian Nationals and the US Nationals are going to be held together at the Welland International Flat Water Centre. At least that's what I thought I heard the CDB President say. It's a beautiful racing center very similar the Nathan Benson in Sarasota Florida.

I'm paddling with the Pickering Dragon Boat Club, out of Pickering Ontario. We are a Sr C (60+) women's team. And last weekend we earned 1 of 5 berths for next years CCWC (Club Crew World Championship) in Italy, by tying for 4th.

yogiskier

Angel Diva
It's such a great sport. I have 4 team mates on the Canadian National Team heading to Thailand. Next year the Canadian Nationals and the US Nationals are going to be held together at the Welland International Flat Water Centre. At least that's what I thought I heard the CDB President say. It's a beautiful racing center very similar the Nathan Benson in Sarasota Florida.

I'm paddling with the Pickering Dragon Boat Club, out of Pickering Ontario. We are a Sr C (60+) women's team. And last weekend we earned 1 of 5 berths for next years CCWC (Club Crew World Championship) in Italy, by tying for 4th.
Cool! I’m just getting acquainted with the sport - I love how global it is. Congrats on the CCWC berth!
The owner of my team -the New Jersey Dragons - is steerer for USA Womens Premier and coach for USA Women’s Senior A/B. I haven’t attended any women’s practices though because she’s a tough cookie I will pay attention to the Canadian team when I catch the video

Jilly

Staff member
Then she's in Thailand right now. My coach is on the Canadian premier women's crew. World Racing is on. I call this "national teams", to not confuse it with CCWC World's. I may get to watch the first race tonight at 11pm. There is a 9 hour time change.

If you get a chance watch the Premier men's events. Just unreal how much power and speed in those young guys....They are in their prime for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly