• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone else doing some home improvement projects?

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
oooh, and yeas, I am in a very hot climate - tropical Australia.
That makes a lot of sense. Wow, very cool. My local stone would be river rock...not so practical for kitchens, but cool in other spots. Nice work!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That makes a lot of sense. Wow, very cool. My local stone would be river rock...not so practical for kitchens, but cool in other spots. Nice work!

The marbles comes from Turkey and I think the counter-top stuff is Brazilian. My local rock is really boring layers of soft sandstone and siltstone with occasional bits of coal. And mud.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Eera thanks for the info on the Rangemaster, I love the clean lines. But looks like a bit more work to find a similar model in the US.

So anyone in need of a counter depth fridge for their condo/ small kitchen, I have been very happy with this for the past several years... works for the 3 of us and I prefer the double drawer freezer. https://www.haierappliances.com/appliance/15-3-Cu-Ft-French-Door-Refrigerator-HRF15N3AGS Its hard to find true counter depth fridge in that price range. If the name is not familar, Haier is one of the largest appliance manufactures and recently acquired GE's appliance division in KY.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I love that there are just palm trees right there. I guess that's not odd at all to the California ladies, but it's novel to this New Englander. :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I love that there are just palm trees right there. I guess that's not odd at all to the California ladies, but it's novel to this New Englander. :smile:
SF does not have a tropical climate, that's for sure. I think that's Dolores Park which is lined with palm trees. Believe me, I grew up in SF, there are no palm trees at Ocean Beach.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
@gingerjess - love the rug. Weatherproof? Source?
It's rated for indoor/outdoor use, so I sure hope so. I got it on sale from West Elm—the care instructions say to vacuum periodically with no beater brush, and that I can hose it down with mild soap as needed.
So San Francisco-y. I love it. Is that Dolores Park in the background?
Thanks! Bernal Hill, actually—we're solidly Inner Mission.
I'm still adjusting to it! It's especially weird when the weather is grey like it was today!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm still adjusting to it! It's especially weird when the weather is grey like it was today!
And you're in the sunny part of the City.... imagine growing up in Outer Richmond by GG Park. The sun NEVER came out in the summer !
Anyhow I love your outdoor space and new furniture ! And big West Elm fan......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly