• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any thoughts on Full Tilt boots? Or other easy off boots?

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
More than once (in my old boots) I tried to take them off and was like nope! They are staying on! I’ve worn them on the passenger side of the car home . Can’t wait to test the Nordica, although the bar is quite low as you can see!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did something I haven’t done in 15 years or more which is buy boots without a fitter involved. I found the Dahu boot at a place in Minnesota for $300 less for last year‘s model than this year‘s model. There does not seem to be any change that I can discern. Since they are returnable I decided to have them shipped to me. I am also not positive on the size. If I follow the charts I should be in a 25 boot with an 8 1/2 foot. But I am in a 24 - 24.5 now and it seems to have been fittping the last few years since I got them. I will let you know when I get them! If they don’t fit me there may be a pair floating around on here!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I did something I haven’t done in 15 years or more which is buy boots without a fitter involved. I found the Dahu boot at a place in Minnesota for $300 less for last year‘s model than this year‘s model. There does not seem to be any change that I can discern. Since they are returnable I decided to have them shipped to me. I am also not positive on the size. If I follow the charts I should be in a 25 boot with an 8 1/2 foot. But I am in a 24 - 24.5 now and it seems to have been fittping the last few years since I got them. I will let you know when I get them! If they don’t fit me there may be a pair floating around on here!
Wow -- you're brave :wink:

steepsanddeeps

Certified Ski Diva
Wondering if anyone here wound up trying the Nordica HF? Like so many of you posting here my feet are a hot mess and I have to sit in the car for 20 min with the heat on full blast after skiing to get my boots off without pain. I spoke with a bootfitter who said the Nordica HF is basically for comfort and doesn't recommend. Why can't we have it all comfort and performance. Has anyone found a solution? I want to hear about the Dahu's also. I saw them in Europe in 2018 but again was told you sacrifice a lot in performance.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My solution is a hairdryer pointed at the hard plastic flaps that need to be pulled apart to get the foot out. When those two flaps are warmed, they are easy to pull wide so the foot goes in and comes out easy. But no hairdryer will work in a car. This season will be a challenge.

pegprince

Certified Ski Diva
Well I had thought about looking at the new Nordica rear entry boots, these look interesting and potentially really comfortable as well. Especially with the need to boot up in the car and walk in ski boots. I can barely keep mine on for three or four hours with the foot problems I have, despite many trips to the boot fitter. My aging messed up arthritic feet leave me in a potential work in progress on any boot! So... Dahu? https://www.skidahu.com/
Hi Abbi, did you end up trying to Nordica rear entry boots? I'm on the fence myself. My gear is 23 years old and it's time!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Abbi, did you end up trying to Nordica rear entry boots? I'm on the fence myself. My gear is 23 years old and it's time!

I was able to pick up a pair and play with them at the shop. They didn’t have any in my size by the time I got organized. The boot fitter was concerned for me about being able to work the dial for sizing. I have supremely arthritic fingers and turning a dial in the cold might be a problem. However I will ask to look at them when I get North in a couple of weeks. I am going to have to do something. I have tried my boots on a couple of times and have developed a new pressure point on the top of my foot. Ski boots! It’s a good thing I like to ski!

I really did like the concept of the Dahu boots. I had to return the pair I ordered as they were too small. But they were interesting to play with. So I can’t report adequately on those either!

@pegprince if you try them, report back in!

pegprince

Certified Ski Diva
I was able to pick up a pair and play with them at the shop. They didn’t have any in my size by the time I got organized. The boot fitter was concerned for me about being able to work the dial for sizing. I have supremely arthritic fingers and turning a dial in the cold might be a problem. However I will ask to look at them when I get North in a couple of weeks. I am going to have to do something. I have tried my boots on a couple of times and have developed a new pressure point on the top of my foot. Ski boots! It’s a good thing I like to ski!

I really did like the concept of the Dahu boots. I had to return the pair I ordered as they were too small. But they were interesting to play with. So I can’t report adequately on those either!

@pegprince if you try them, report back in!
I tried on the Nordica HF 75w's yesterday in the shop. I didn't want to take them off. My concern is the stiffness. Not sure if they could handle the thick icey crud in the east. If I lived out west, it would be a no brainer for me. I'd be willing to give up a bit of performance for comfort, but not a lot of performance. So how much is too much. That is the question!!! I'm sorry to hear about your arthritis. I'm not far behind!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried on the Nordica HF 75w's yesterday in the shop. I didn't want to take them off. My concern is the stiffness. Not sure if they could handle the thick icey crud in the east. If I lived out west, it would be a no brainer for me. I'd be willing to give up a bit of performance for comfort, but not a lot of performance. So how much is too much. That is the question!!! I'm sorry to hear about your arthritis. I'm not far behind!

Those look different than what I recall seeing last year. That doesn’t mean it is, of course! I will give those a look, assuming we can find them in my size!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Might still not give you the stiffness you are wanting, but there's also the Nordica HF 85W.

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Might still not give you the stiffness you are wanting, but there's also the Nordica HF 85W.
And if your feet are large enough to fit a men's boot, I believe the men's line goes up to 110 or 120 flex. I've been discussing the Nordica rear-entries with my dad who is at the point where difficulty getting into and out of ski boots is on the verge of ending his time skiing. He's hoping to try on the Nordica HFs when he gets to a larger ski town in a couple weeks.

pegprince

Certified Ski Diva
I had them on this weekend The HF 75w (The 85's would be over $900 cdn and I just can't bring myself to spend that). They are heavenly!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The nice thing about Full Tilts is that if you get the FTO (Full tilt original) shell, there are different stiffness tongues available. I believe they have gone to more traditional "stiffness" ratings this year? Used to be single digit numerical. I have always kept a 2nd pair of tongues available. Last year for Full Tilt, though :frown: - at least the name. They have been procured by, I think, Rossignol??

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe K2 has owned the brand for several years now, and will be incorporating the Full Tilt boots into their regular line.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agreed, I was just looking for cheap, in Canada, and certainly less than $900. But a little more money at a shop with a boot filter buys you a proper fitting and tweaks as needed. Which can help save you money in the long run.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I get that expensive things can be hard to internally justify buying, but if it’s not a true budget thing, but rather mindset thing, could I suggest a reframe? If it’s “I cannot spend the money“ that’s a different thing, and man been there done that. Sometimes still am there/doing that.

I think of it in terms of cost per ____. Like, cost per wear. I tend to buy some pricier clothing because the cost per wear is great when all is said and done… it lasts longer, fits better/longer, washes better, whatever.

Think about boots as cost per joy*hour. How much will you wear well-fitting boots? How happy will you be in them? How much joy will you feel? all of those make your joy*hour go up. Then your effective cost goes down.

I have spent time in uncomfortable boots. In loose boots. with the shin bang FROM poorly fitting boots. with arch pain from bad boots. All of it. I skied less, and enjoyed myself less. If the joy is the thing, solve for the joy hours. (Aka, go to the bootfitter ;) )

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the Nordica HF 85 boots today. Well actually I tried to try them on! HF stands for hands free. Not only could I not get in with hands-free, I couldn’t get them on at all! I have a rather amazing lack of ankle dorsiflexion. At least it was a learning experience for the apprentice boot fitter watching!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna