• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any motorcyclists out there?

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just interested if any divas rode a motorcycle. I have a Suzuki SV650 V-twin. It is a sports bike, but I have modified it so it has a more upright riding position than they normally have. Trouble is as a woman in Europe you are limited, especially if you are a little short in the leg as I am. It is a good compromise for height and weight. Not sure many of you would be familiar with my bike, so I'll try to get a pic. My husband rides a yamaha FJR, which I know you have there as he posts on a US website.
I only tour ocassionally as I just cannot take constant riding, and never being in one place for long, but I enjoys days out on the bike.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I must confess. I have been the secretary and ICO for the Cadillac Motorcycle Club since 1995. This year is the first time I have EVER refused offices in the club, but I was spent and really needed a break from the many tasks I was performing for the club.

The Cadillac Motorcycle Club has an Ice Race, a Road Ride/poker run, and 5 motocross events every year. I still run the hot dog stand.

I had a Honda 100 R that I rode for 10 years but sold it a few years ago to buy a nice mountain bike. I like mountain biking much better than dirt bike riding. Now.........a road bike could really pique my interest. In fact, I'm thinking about taking a road ride class this summer.

altagirl

Staff member
I have a DR-Z250. Just got back from 4 days of riding in Moab - we rode Amasa Back and a Kane Creek-Behind the Rocks-Pritchett Canyon loop, in addition to a bunch of mountain biking. Pretty gnarly stuff, but it was a blast with 15 guys in the group to help each other haul the bikes up over obstacles we coudn't quite ride up. What a hoot!

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny thing about those men.....they do come in handy sometimes.

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree men have their uses. My husband is always keen to help me with my bike if there is something I do not understand, or need help with, but otherwise I service and maintain my own bike. I do the decorating, DIY and other things, so I let him help with the bike, seems fair to me.

Its good to know there are other motorcyclist out there. The trip to Moab sounded great, knarly stuff and mountain biking, I only usually get to road bike or mountain bike, never combine the two.

Marwe

Diva in Training
I have a Kawasaki ER-5, almost the only one the was´t a chopper that i could reach the ground on =( (i´m 155 cm long)
but now I gonna sell it to get the money to buy new ski gear and afford a whole season in the Alps just skiing!

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ha. How did I miss this thread before?

Been riding for almost 15 years now. Did some harescramble & enduro racing out in New York, but just lots of trail riding and exploring here in NM. Current bikes are a Suzuki DR650 (dual-sport) and a KTM 400EXC (trail/race bike).

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got my motorcycle licence before I got my car licence! I currently own a Candy Apple Red Honda Pacific Coast PC800 sport touring bike and am in the market for a BMW R1200C Chromehead (If anyone out there is selling one!)

I don't drive a motorcycle, but it would be fun. I don't think you all would want to be on the road though!!!! Yikes!:doh:

SnowDancer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Used to ride in the 70's & 80's but the traffic congestion got way too crazy & dangerous around here (Northeast NJ/NY Metro area) and it just wasn't fun any more. But I've kept my car/motorcycle license because you just never know...

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I've been riding a bike for 10 years (the "ride" part of my sig relates to motorcycles, not a board). I hate to say it, but DH and I have a "quiver" of bikes. My current rides are a Honda CBR600F4I, and an Aprilia Futura (sport tourer). DH and I also "share" an Aprilia Tuono. I also have an XR100 to play around with in the yard. Unfortunately, there's never enough time to get much riding in- every year we say it will be different. Maybe next year....

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't drive [a car] and don't really want to, but I had been thinking about a motorcycle as something to fill the gaps that are left by public trans and walking. Currently I fill that gap with rideshares and carpooling.

The big reason why I haven't gone for learning and getting one is the protective gear issue. Working in EMS I've seen some terrible injuries that occurred without protection, so going without it is out of the question in my mind. As far as I know, I'd need to wear a decent amount of protective gear to make it safe, and that's more than I'd like to do for general commuting.I can see it being great for general riding, but with the gear it doesn't seem like a good only option.

Now if I could just have a personal forcefield, that'd be a whole other story :D

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ooh, not an instantly apprearing and disappearing forcefield but definitely in the right direction!

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been riding a bike for 10 years (the "ride" part of my sig relates to motorcycles, not a board). I hate to say it, but DH and I have a "quiver" of bikes. My current rides are a Honda CBR600F4I, and an Aprilia Futura (sport tourer). DH and I also "share" an Aprilia Tuono. I also have an XR100 to play around with in the yard. Unfortunately, there's never enough time to get much riding in- every year we say it will be different. Maybe next year....

How's this for digging up an ooooold thread?

Still riding?

I have a '99 VSTAR 1100. It's getting to be time to change the oil, get some new tires, and take her out.

I love motorcycles, don't have one but love em. Thought about taking the course to get my license, haven't done it yet.

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love motorcycles, don't have one but love em. Thought about taking the course to get my license, haven't done it yet.

You should totally do it. The course is a lot of fun. It gives you a great foundation and even if you take the course and decide it isn't for you or just never get around to frying your own bike, it's still s fun weekend!

You should totally do it. The course is a lot of fun. It gives you a great foundation and even if you take the course and decide it isn't for you or just never get around to frying your own bike, it's still s fun weekend!

I'm not sure I can get in this year. The classes fill up fast. I want to at least do the class. 2 of my friends at work wanted to do it also. Might look into the fall. My hands are full with ski stuff lol that last thing I need I think is motorcycle stuff :smile:. The class if anything would be a blast.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, yeah, blast from the past.

When the first post went up, I had my first motorcycle, a BMW R1100R. The seat height was adjustable, so I could *just* touch with both feet. Flatfooting - not so much.

I loved it, but it was heavy and hard to maneuver at slow speeds, parking lots, etc. I sold it and bought a Ducati Monster 696. It's very easy to flatfoot, and it feels so light - it's like zipping around on my mountain bike! Comparatively, anyway. But I really don't ride enough. And this year with foot surgery - probably not much of that, either. Hmmm. It's going to be in the 70s this weekend and I won't be skiing - maybe I'll go for a ride.

I love Ducati's........................................

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly