• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any experience with Blizzard Shiva 9?

Scribble

Angel Diva
The folks at the rental shop advised me to try the Shiva 9's at 164cm. I've been skiing at Brighton, UT this week and the conditions have been more firm than I expected. Thus far, I'm not certain whether I should keep them, or try something else.

When I click with them, I can see an exciting future of better skiing so, so close! They're really pushing me to drive my boots, keep my hips forward, and take my time through turns. If they could speak, I think they'd be shouting at me, "go slow to be fast!"
On the other hand, these are stiffer and at 94mm, wider than other skis I've tried. They are very stable, but do exactly what I ask them to do...skiing them is more of a conscious effort than the Rossi e84's I used most recently. If I'm not actively driving them, they just start to float around.

I took a group lesson lesson yesterday and worked quite a bit on keeping more even forward pressure. We skied blues and a couple of very short black runs. Overall, I feel like these skis are pushing me to become a better skier.

Has anyone else tried these? What was your impression of them?

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I purchased the Sheeva 9 this season and it has quickly become my daily driver in New England and I had them out in Aspen a couple of weeks back as well. I’m completely smitten. I have also felt that they have given me new confidence in bumps and trees for some reason where I didn’t have it before, so definitely making me push my comfort zone more which I appreciate. They also hold an admirable edge on ice which is important where I mostly ski in the east.

For comparison, I am 5’4 ~130lbs and also ski the 164 length.

So yeah, love them, but your opinion and the way you feel on them is the only thing that matters as ski preferences can be incredibly subjective!

Scribble

Angel Diva
For comparison, I am 5’4 ~130lbs and also ski the 164 length.
/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I'm 5'7 and initially, these felt a little long! I've gotten used to it and I think they're about right, the Rossi's I had were very likely too short at 160cm.

I've decided to keep them for now, the moments when we click are amazing. I think they're what I need to become the skier I want to be! :-)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm selling a brand new pair and am in Utah if you are interested. Mounted with Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings for a 270 BSL, and have a sweet tune on them since I tune all of my skis out of the wrapper (well, my BF does it, as he's been the tune shop manager for a local shop for 20 years now. He does great work!)

Too much overlap in my quiver, and too quick to pull the trigger on my end to buy them. I love them and loved them last season in fresh snow, but I need to get rid of them.

Scribble

Angel Diva
I ended up trading them back in yesterday, I didn't enjoy them at all in deeper, chopped up snow. I wanted to try a shorter length but they were out. I'll give them another try at 157cm next time I have a chance!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna