• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any Easter Skiers out there?

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My hubby and I skied Killington today. We had a great time but not because Killington was making it easy. We wanted to ski the glades on Rams Head. They were open but the lift was not. Lots of other trails were open with no lift service. So the well traveled trails connecting one place to another became dust on crust. I don't know how they can do that while fresh powder was falling. Lets hope the new management takes a page from Okemo's trail grooming book.

We did comment to ourselves today that we had more snow at Easter than we did for Christmas this year. "I 'm dreaming of a white Easter...."

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
We did comment to ourselves today that we had more snow at Easter than we did for Christmas this year. "I 'm dreaming of a white Easter...."
We skied on Good Friday.........Yes, I got my husband to take a day off work to ski!!!!!!!

Today we had family plans with my husband's cousins. Ann commented the same thing....."Do you realize we had 60F and sunshine on Christmas day and Snow storms for Easter?"

What a peculiar season this has been.:cool:

How much more snow do you expect in VT?

abc

Banned
Ski Diva said:
So anyone celebrate Easter by taking a few turns?
No, but I did a few turns in my kayak! (not the upside down type, thank god, the water is a bit cold)

More snow is forecast to come mid-week. I might go up next weekend.

What a peculiar season this has been.
Not really, just a late winter. Actually, the winter is fine. It's our calendar that's early. ;)

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, we skied Taos today. It was closing day, so a bittersweet run. But we did get a couple inches new snow, and it wasn't too bad.

Jilly

Staff member
Merry Easter Diva's. Yes I skied all 3 days of a holiday weekend. And if you want to see the snow we had at Tremblant, see www.tremblant-insider.com and click on chat and find today's video report. I fact look at all 3 days. 2 powder days and 1 groomer. It snowed all weekend. They have so much snow I'm heading back up for the last weekend. I have to be in Toronto April15th, so it will be a long trip home!

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied yesterday (Saturday) which was the closing day :(
The ironic part is that it snowed last night and would have been great today. It really was not that great of a snow year in Southern Idaho...maybe next year!

altagirl

Staff member
Yep, we mountain biked yesterday morning (on my sweet new pink singlespeed), and skied in the afternoon.

The skiing was surprisingly good. NO ONE was there, and it had snowed 3" overnight on top of the slush. We went to Snowbird and hiked back to Baldy shoulder to cross back to Alta and had a blank slate to get some fresh tracks in. Really amazing for an afternoon!

Cambridge Kate

Certified Ski Diva
Easter was splendid

I spent the Easter weekend at Sunday River, Maine. They had gotten about 2 feet of soft powdery snow mid-week, and the temps remained cold - the snow was excellent. The top of the mountain, especially, was soft soft soft, and the glades had powder stashes. By Sunday it was getting a little scraped in places, but almost no one was there so the slopes held up well.

I believe the weather hasn't warmed there yet, and they may get more snow this week, so keep an eye on it, you Easterners.

My season's over, I'll be out of town the next two weekends. But this year I hit an all-time record of 31 days on the slopes. And that, on a crappy snow year in New England. Certainly was a wonderful ending to the season.

CK

altagirl

Staff member
altagirl, can I be you when I grow up????? :D

Heh. About 2 weeks ago, I went to spin class on saturday morning, and was thinking of our weekend plan - quite typical for me in spring - that we were going skiing that afternoon, and on Sunday we were going mountain biking in the morning and skiing in the afternoon.

The rest of the people in the class (and the instructor) were commisserating that spin class was the only "fun" time they'd have all weekend. I was kind of looking around the room, puzzled. It's 8am on Saturday... what are you people talking about? All this talk of no time for anything but housecleaning, shopping, etc... We went around the room talking about what we were going to do for the rest of the day and we got to me and I said "I'm going skiing". Stunned looks. "How can you ski after spin class? Won't you be too tired?" "How do you have time to go skiing?" Um. I didn't even tell them the plan was to ski AND bike on Sunday as well. I think I would have gotten my butt kicked by an angry mob.

But yes. Apparently it's more a matter of un-growing up. ;) (Though I do manage to hold down two jobs and own a house and a dog, etc. )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna