• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any birders? Share your photos!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Okay, and now the noisy boy just hovered in front of me at the screen and chirped at me! Seems he definitely wants some food over here. Lol

Christy

Angel Diva
Okay, and now the noisy boy just hovered in front of me at the screen and chirped at me! Seems he definitely wants some food over here. Lol

That is awesome. I think I might have posted earlier in this thread about getting mugged one cold/snowy morning this winter. I'd brought the feeder in for the night and didn't get it back out early enough for my lady hummingbird, who accosted me before I was even able to hang it.

Christy

Angel Diva
Omg. The birds at dawn this time of year. They are SO LOUD. I normally love bird sounds but this time of year I end up waking up at 4:30 am and slamming the bedroom window shut and wishing they would STFU. I need a "quiet please" sign in Bird Language to hang outside so I don't have to choose between fresh air at night and sleeping past 4:30.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Omg. The birds at dawn this time of year. They are SO LOUD. I normally love bird sounds but this time of year I end up waking up at 4:30 am and slamming the bedroom window shut and wishing they would STFU. I need a "quiet please" sign in Bird Language to hang outside so I don't have to choose between fresh air at night and sleeping past 4:30.
AGREED!

MissySki

Angel Diva

I’m the weirdo who loves birds chirping in the morning :rotf: However, I’m a pretty heavy sleeper, so I haven’t had them wake me up that early before.

Christy

Angel Diva
I need windows that automatically close between 4 and 7:30.

On my last nursery visit I impulse bought more plants for the hummingbirds. I have plenty of perennials that they like or are supposed to like, but I can't ever resist getting some extra Salvia and Agastache for them. Now the trouble is trying to find spots to cram these into my yard.

Christy

Angel Diva
There is quite the hummingbird dating scene in my yard. I knew that Anna's hovered up to 130' then dive bombed at 50 mph to impress the ladies. But I only just learned that their tail feathers make a crazy squeak when they are right in front of the lady bird. It sounds like a fire alarm chirp, which sent my husband into the house to figure out which alarm needed batteries, and me to Google to figure out which bird makes that noise. Apparently females like good speed and a nice chirp from the tail. Hummingbirds are so amazing.

https://www.pbs.org/video/supernature-wild-flyers-annas-hummingbirds-attract-mates-speed/

MissySki

Angel Diva
I finally had some rufous coming to my flowers and feeder. This is very exciting lol.

I’m so jealous that you have different varieties of hummingbirds! I looked this one up and it was described as glowing like a coal, is that tour impression in person? I’m obsessed with our Ruby Throated variety, but would LOVE if others frequented the Northeast as well. I get distracted on Zoom calls now that I put a feeder and perch right in front of my desk window. Lol

Christy

Angel Diva
I’m so jealous that you have different varieties of hummingbirds! I looked this one up and it was described as glowing like a coal, is that tour impression in person? I’m obsessed with our Ruby Throated variety, but would LOVE if others frequented the Northeast as well. I get distracted on Zoom calls now that I put a feeder and perch right in front of my desk window. Lol

I had to look it up too, and I think I saw both an immature male and a female. One only had orange at the tail and the other had some orange sort of mixed in all over. But now I'm very keen to see one of those all-over copper colored ones!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I had to look it up too, and I think I saw both an immature male and a female. One only had orange at the tail and the other had some orange sort of mixed in all over. But now I'm very keen to see one of those all-over copper colored ones!

Ooh yes that would be amazing!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly