• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Any birders? Share your photos!

Missy's photo of her feeder in front of her desk inspired this. You probably have to look closely but it is purple and hanging from the fence post, and there is a hummingbird on it. I hung a second hummingbird feeder, partly because I hated to see one bird run another off from my first feeder, and partly because this is right in front of my improvised work station in my dining room. Now that I'm sitting there much of the day I am getting a front row seat to the hummingbird action. There is so much variety among the Anna's! Some have markings that I can't find in any of the ID guides online, but these birds don't look like other types of hummingbirds either, so they must be Anna's.

20201030_101348-01.jpeg

altagirl

Staff member
That's awesome, love it! Anna's are the hardy oddballs that stay in the PNW in winter while most hummingbirds are way farther south. They are quite rare here - so cool to see!

Staff online

Members Online

Latest posts