• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anti-Gravity Yoga - video clip from morning news

altagirl

Staff member
Okay, so this isn't all that exciting, but we were on the morning news yesterday for my Anti-Gravity Yoga class, and I'm actually in the video clip for a moment, doing the "Queen Bee" pose. (I'm all in black to the left of the reporter.) Kind of funny because that pose is one of my biggest accomplishments in that class - my knees couldn't get there at all 6 months ago, but now it's totally comfortable. Yay!

https://clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/20010/2331213?wpid=9604

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, that looks like a blast! Is the queen bee pose the one where you are all folded up with your knees out to the side? Was that you? Too fun!

altagirl

Staff member
OK, that looks like a blast! Is the queen bee pose the one where you are all folded up with your knees out to the side? Was that you? Too fun!

Yep - that's me - you put the side of one foot in the hammock, rotate your leg out and then step up with the other one, putting the soles of your feet together, and then sit down with your knees out. The hammock just naturally keeps your in place. Then you can bring your arms in front, and the final step is rotating downward, which they don't show (you can see my knee sticking out at one point, but that's it.) So same pose, but upside down.

Those classes are such a great time - I have one tonight and can't wait! They shot a bunch more video, but I didn't see clips for all of it. But one of the girls there has lost 40lbs so far doing this. She was quite overweight and sedentary and couldn't do much when she started, but it's the only exercise she was able to stick with because it's fun. It's definitely a great core workout and good for proprioception with the swinging and spatial awareness. But generally it's just a great time because you feel like a kid on a jungle gym. :smile:

Heh, it just occurred to me that you can probably spot the Ski Diva in her CW-X tights... Good for all sorts of stuff, not just skiing!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It really does look like a blast. I can see how someone could stick with it and get really strong and lose weight doing it. Yes, a kid in a jungle gym!

I used to wear my Nike fitness tights as my base layer :D

Vista freak

Angel Diva
That looks like so much fun! Like playing on a swingset- but soft. I"ll have to see if they have such a thing on the east coast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna