• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another "What should I demo?" post (appreciate the help!)

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
An update!
I was in CO and skied Breck (twice), Copper, Keystone, A-Basin* (twice), and the demo list grew to:

Line Blade (tried them a second time at Keystone, and the 160 felt too short)
Armada Reliance 92 T
Blizzard Sheeva
Volkl Kenja 88
Dynastar M Pro 90
Blizzard Black Pearl 88
Salomon Stance 94
K2 Mindbender 90c (men's)
Nordica Santa Ana 98 w

...and very surprisingly, I ended up purchasing the Salomon Stance 94 in 168, which was not even on my list of skis to try. Before giving them a try, I was liking the Black Pearls fine, but the shop only had the '19 version, and I felt they had a bit of a speed limit? The shop guy (Christy's) encouraged me to try the Stance after hearing I love ripping down groomers, and I found them super stable at speed and very confidence-inspiring. Since the graphics are kind of boring, I opted for the neon green Tyrolia Attack to give it a bit of pop.

I kept switching out between the Stance and the Black Pearls while at Copper & A-Basin, and the BPs felt like flappy cardboard (?) in comparison. I did like the Sana Ana as well, but wanted the 93 ideally, and they only had it in a 158 in every Christy's location I went into (I visited 6 of them).

Part of me thinks I could use a more playful ski as well, but that may be because I am remembering how much I truly enjoyed the Sheeva... (no shop ever has it longer than 164 for me to try)! The Stance performed fine in fresh snow, but I found my legs feeling more fatigued in those conditions, and was wishing I had something like the Sheeva.

Another ski I was desperately trying to find to demo is the Faction Dictator 2.0, but no luck.
I'm afraid by this time next season, I will become a bit of a ski collector, because knowing myself, I will still be trying to demo if I see a ski available that interests me.

All this to say, demo! I would have never considered the Stance based on reviews.

*PS. I absolutely fell in love with A-Basin and am trying to make it out there at least one more time before the season ends

I absolutely HATE black pearl. They are not even cardboard but, for me, feel like copy papers. Haha. I tired them two different times. Both time, I could not wait to get off them after 20 ft.

I am a speed demon on groomer. I am on Atomic Redster and Volkl Kenja 20 and 21 models.
Love very stiff and stable skis. I stay away from women specific skis as they are all tend to be light and flappy.

daniwrites

Certified Ski Diva
Haha that's awesome! So glad you like them :smile: I feel the same way, if I'm feeling lazy the Genesis is an easier ski, but the Dictator is such a fun shot of adrenaline. Love them both. Where did you mount yours? I'm planning on moving my mount point forward - I mounted on the line (classic) but after skiing my 3.0x on progressive (1.5 cm forward), I've found I like that better. I don't need to be in such a forward, driving stance all the time and can ski more neutral if I'm on sketchier terrain. It's also less punishing.
Thank you! I mounted them classic, but will consider this next season as I gain some more time on them; good shout :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna