• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Another "help me pick new skis!" post

Jardinia

Diva in Training
Hello! I'm new around here but I have been reading all of your wonderful gear reviews and insightful answers for the past couple of weeks. I too am looking for some suggestions/feedback about getting new skis this season. I know that the best thing to do would be to demo, but my current gear needs to be replaced pretty desperately and I'd love to find a good deal on some used skis to start the season!

I grew up on the east coast and learned to ski in Vermont, so I do love to go pretty fast and carve up the groomers. I took a several year hiatus from the hills (moved to the flats of the midwest) but now I'm back in the Pacific NW. I'm still skiing on the long, straight K2s that I've had for about 8 years. I made it up to the mountain 10-15 times last year, which I loved and I can't wait for more! I'm a pretty solidly advancing intermediate skier (fast and confident on any blue on the hill, eager to try some more blacks/powder/etc). My current skis just could not make it through on powdery days out here, and I had a sharp blow to my confidence (and pride) last year when I ate it on some crud and fractured my wrist the first day of the season! These old skis have got to go.

What I'm looking for: skis that will help me take on new challenges, and keep up with the boys on powder days but still let me cruise down the groomers with ease and stability. I'm 5'1 and about 125lbs so I'd be interested in some tips on length as well (probably mid-150s?). I've been reading lots of reviews and I'm intrigued by the Fuegos or the One Luvs. What do you all think? Thanks in advance for the help!

lucine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do some more research and then......
look around for some deals if you don't want/can't demo and snatch up a bargain. Then later, you can add to your quiver.
With the economy like it is, there are some great deals to be had. I just bought my daughter a new last-season set of Atomic mynx with bindings for 135.00 at sniagrab yesterday. (big Denver sale)
score! -hope she like em.

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where in the PNW are you? If you're in the Seattle area, check out Ski Mart in Bellevue. Great deals on previous years' and used skis, and some very knowledgeable staff. And I'd recommend the Lotta Luv over the One Luv if you're interested in hitting powder and steeper slopes.

Welcome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna