• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Annual million dollar question! IKON or EPIC with Kids?

Flowergirl88

Certified Ski Diva
Hi! We're heading to Taiwan in March/April 2023/2024... so this really eats into our ski plans for next season.

We'll only have the following ski dates/trips available - I'm not counting on any weekend ski trips in the Mid-Atlantic if we get the EPIC. Obviously, this year was a mega bust, and I was so glad we had the IKON.

1) Thanksgiving - What is open??? I was looking things up and I think it's all going to be "iffy" around the country. Since we're on the east coast, we would have to buy plane tickets early on because Thanksgiving travel / costs increase pretty quickly as it gets closer to November.

2) Last two weeks of December - We absolutely LOVED Lake Louise last year during this time. I don't know if all the snow was unique due to that storm/freeze. We were skiing in major negative temps. But it was glorious! And for the five days we skied, it felt like we were the only one on the mountain. The crazy temps had the lifts opening at 11 AM and noon though! And it snowed almost every day the third week of December.

We're considering Whistler for the third week of December, which would make us lean toward Epic. What are your recommendations and experience with these two areas based on historical? Will there be more snow in Lake Louise or Whistler the third week of December?

3) Three ski Days Last week of January - We'll go somewhere in Colorado, depending on whether we end up with IKON or EPIC

Anyway, what do you think???

Thanks in advance for your help/advice!

ay

echo_VT

Angel Diva
It’s not easy to predict what will be open… we all hope something will be open and we all hope more things will be open

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Also, not sure if you are asking about conditions at the mountains or what mountains are good to do with kids? I'm not entirely clear on what is being asked?

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From Taiwan I would ski Japan. Just don't go over chinese NY. You have 2 book accommodations in August. Fly to Sapporo from Taiwan is cheap. There is a club med in tomamu. All the foreigners with kids raved about it cuz everything is included food lessons passes. The season in Hokkaido is super short Jan to 1st week of March.

Jilly

Staff member
Banff will be different this year with no WC race the end of November. So hard to say.
I've seen no snow in the base at WB in December in some years. And WB is #### show now.
Thanksgiving (US) is usually the WROD.

So to not help your decision...what places do you really like/want to ski. Then which pass are they on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly