• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ankle injuries

Christy

Angel Diva
Foam rollers?...i have such a love/hate relationship with that device. @Christy You love it?
Oh yes. I have 3. To be fair, I can't say I really love my densest/hardest foam roller. I prefer my medium density roller. For PT for a different injury once I had to spend two minutes rolling on my IT band from my hip to knee (2 minutes for just the one pass), so I got pretty used to it. But using it to roll up out my back and shoulders in particular… Love it.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Ohhhhhh @Christy … 2 min for one pass…the pain and relief must have been NUTS. My IT band twinged just reading that.

newboots

Angel Diva
You build up a tolerance for it!
I hope so! I’m using it and not very happy about it. It hurts like hell, and the position is awkward and hurts my shoulder. I dislike those massage guns, but I might give up on the foam roller and try one.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Three more weeks in the boot, then light-duty only, plus PT since I have a history of instability in that ankle.
If you follow your PT's orders to the letter, you might see some really nice stability gains - I did, when I broke my ankle. I have a long history of ankle instability with lots of rolls, twists and sprains, but my ankle stability on both sides has actually been a lot better since I broke one and tore the ligaments too. (I did all the exercises on both sides so the other ankle improved too.) I was warned that I was at risk of chronic ankle instability because of the ligament damage, so I was intimidated into doing all my PT exercises as often as I could/as often as I was allowed. Even though I had kind of a long road to recovery, my ankles are now WAY better than they ever have been! I still do the PT ankle exercises every so often, to keep up those stability gains :smile:

Glad to hear you're healing well, it's so exciting to regain independence and mobility after these crappy sort of leg injuries, I wanted to throw my crutches in a fire by the end of my stint haha

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my foam roller and always take on ski trips! Along w my la crosse ball.
Same!! I feel like foam rolling my quads especially is the only way I can reliably ski multiple days in a row.

Christy

Angel Diva
I wasn't planning on going to any Mariners games while in a boot-- it sounded like such a hassle. But there's an overpriced parking garage with a skybridge that leads right to the club level, and the club level is very comfy, with fewer stairs, inside tables and nicer and less crowded bathrooms etc. etc. So we did that for there a big game last night and it worked perfectly. The area was full of people with canes and walking boots and people in wheelchairs and pregnant women. Maybe that is where we will get season tickets when we are old. As an aside, I was shocked at how good everyone was about keeping their masks on. It is required for outdoor events here but I thought as the game went on, people would slack, but we actually all (mostly?) toed the line, which seemed pretty good for an event with 47k people. It felt really good to be out in the world too!

20211001_181350-01.jpeg

20211001_191028-01.jpeg

newboots

Angel Diva
My 87-year-old neighbor keeps texting me to see if I need anything from the drugstore, store, etc., which I think is sweet and also funny.
Your neighbor sounds like a prize!

I saw several elders at the supermarket today. I helped one woman, who was riding one of those electric grocery carts, put her stuff in her car. She was struggling just to get off the riding cart. I watched others who were fearful of backing up their cars. I can only imagine how difficult life can get when we can't move easily any more!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly