• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ankle flex, a key factor for good control

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
You may have shin bang. That's bruising of the shin from having it bang into the front of the cuff while you are skiing. To avoid this, the whole shin, from ankle bend up to top of boot, should contact the tongue of the boot. Shin bang comes from only the upper part of your shin bumping into the cuff, up at the top of the boot, while the lower part of the shin stays lightly in contact if at all.

If there is room inside the low part of the cuff that allows this bumping up at the top to happen, your boot cuffs are too wide for your lower legs. You may need new boots that fit properly. Or just tighten the two cuff buckles and see if that helps, along with the power strap. A GOOD bootfitter can tell you if your boots are too loose.

Best of luck getting this sorted out.
And once again....after reading ski diva posts over the last few years, I feel that I was taken advantage of. I went to a highly recommended boot fitter, called and tried to make an appt- which they don’t do. Showed up on his scheduled day and sadly he was running off and another top bootfitter helped me. I spent hours there. There were only 2 boots that fit. One we felt was too soft and I flexed it easily. The other is a men’s low volume stiff boot, but in the store I could flex it. I wish if this wasn’t a good fit for me he would have been honest and said sorry....and just charged me for his time.

I stopped at the Boot Pro in Ludlow and they helped me a bit. Of course, they wanted to sell me new boots. I am confident that with more stretching and strengthening of my lower limbs and learning proper technique...I will be fine. Sadly, my boyfriend who got me back into skiing, does not know much. Thank goodness for the awesome women Ski Divas!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna