• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Android issues

Jilly

Staff member
For some reason my Android tablet decided over the weekend that the Ski Diva server wasn't secure and would not let me on the site. Phone Android and laptop no issues. I'm getting that certificate note. Any ideas now to fix this?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
That is weird, because the site is secure. Anyone else having issues?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I will be interested in hearing about this. I am having the same issues with my website. Shows up fine on some devices and others give a non-secure site warning.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I actually do know what this is... basically sites are made secure by a process involving a "chain of trust" that has its origin in one (or more) of a very small number of global "root" certificates. The browser has to trust at least one of the root certificates that the chain is attached to.

One of the root certificates for this forum's "chain" recently expired (this is a normal thing! they get retired all the time; this particular root's expiry was planned for a while), and I'm guessing that your Samsung tablet either 1) doesn't trust the other root certificate(s) the chain is based on, or 2) failed to properly find the other root certificate(s) for the site's chain.

Either way, there's nothing wrong with the site—this is something that's very much on Samsung to fix via a software update. You could also try installing Google Chrome from the Android store—my understanding is that it has its own set of logic that may behave better.

Jilly

Staff member
Thanks, I'll give that a try. The current chrome came loaded on the machine.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Also, to follow @gingerjess’s point, sometimes a cookie clear/a reboot can help reset the communications. I always panic when I get a “untrusted“ alert, but it’s almost always fixed by the above.

Jilly

Staff member
@Iwannaski that was the first thing I tried. I had a major app update this morning on the tablet and Chrome was one of them. I didn't have time to check anything out.

Jilly

Staff member
I don't seem to be able to delete the app. It goes into disabled mode. Must be missing something.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Either way, there's nothing wrong with the site—this is something that's very much on Samsung to fix via a software update. You could also try installing Google Chrome from the Android store—my understanding is that it has its own set of logic that may behave better.

Phew. Thanks for your insight, @gingerjess !

Jilly

Staff member
So got this fixed today. So if you get a message that the site can't be trusted, try clearing ALL your cookies. That's what is was. As @gingerjess stated, my tablet/browser wasn't trusting something, but once the cookies were cleared, it accepted the new and works fine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly