• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Alpine vs squaw weather

lljc00

Certified Ski Diva
I have a day left on my super 4 squaw/alpine pass and am debating which resort to ski at tomorrow.

We are here for the weekend and did squaw today. My son is starting to tackle blues but he still plows quite a bit (I will speculate that this is on unfamiliar runs; while he's more apt to parallel down the run the second time).

We did the high camp greens this morning and then i was able to convince him to do the Gold Coast express area. Which he did fine with. But because it was so cold, we only did it maybe 3 times. He was actual able and interested in doing it more, but may daughter was complaining about being cold - which it was ; probably only mid-20s today. (Nope those handwarmer packets were of NO interest to her because they said "toe" warmers. It's not like they've been sitting on someone's toes all day!)

Weather is forecasted to be about the same if not maybe 5 degrees warmer. But it was a bit windy in the high camp area - someone suggested because it's more open and so not wind shelter by the trees?

Is alpine usually any better? Or is it usually worse? I am hesitant in going to a "new" place since it's familiarizing with all new trails. Plus the easier blue runs look longer and thus maybe more tiring. On the other hand, fewer runs means maybe we practice the same ones more and more instead of running all over the place. And that would be progress.

Thought? Thanks ladies!

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the temperature is usually the same, but some of Alpine's main lifts are more protected from the wind. That can sometimes make a difference when wind becomes an issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly