• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All I wanted for Christmas was an injury-free season

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm once again sitting on the couch using the laptop, this time with the left leg wrap in an immobilizer.

Why is it that "Follow me, this will be fun" always ends badly???? I'm thinking that an audible "pop" is never a good thing.

X-Rays are clear and ER says it's a ligament sprain, but based on my previous experience with a torn right ACL, I think I've got at least a partial ACL and/or MCL tear. Trying to ski to the bottom revealed significant instability, but swelling and discoloration has been minimal so far.

OK....done whining now (for today, at least :rolleyes:)

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:( Are you going for an MRI, too, or straight to PT?

This really sucks. So sorry!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh NO!!! I didn't even get to find you at Crystal yet. :( I hope it's nothing too horrible. *pray* Keep it up, keep some ice on it, and get some rest. I hope it heals quickly. *pray*

altagirl

Staff member
Hoping for a quick recovery for you and only a sprain!

I know everyone says that. But I learned this when after my first knee injury, my general practitioner kept insisting that my fully torn ACL was "only a sprain". Technically, he was right. "Sprain" just means that a ligament was stretched beyond it's capacity - which can mean it was slightly stretched and it's no big deal or fully torn - anywhere in that range is still a sprain.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00551

Basically "just a sprain" has been removed from my vocabulary ever since.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I see "my" ortho tomorrow morning (he really needs to offer me some frequent flier miles or something :rolleyes:!), so I'll follow his advice to a tee as usual.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear this, VG. Hope the ortho visit goes well.

Tons of healing vibes heading your way.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm once again sitting on the couch using the laptop, this time with the left leg wrap in an immobilizer.
<snip>

OK....done whining now (for today, at least :rolleyes:)

You are soooooooooo not done whining!

I'll call you for a girls movie night some time soon. Which side of the aisle do we need to sit on?

SkiBam

Angel Diva
My heart sank when I read the title of this thread. This is just a bummer, bummer, bummer! Very best wishes for fast healing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna