• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Alberta 2016/2017

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Soooo jealous! Packed up all the ski stuff yesterday and took it down the basement for the summer.

We also have the MCP and are planning on next year for certain!

Awww...I hate putting away ski stuff for the summer...

Jenny

Angel Diva
I know - depressing. But it was a beautiful spring day both yesterday and today so that made it easier, sort of.

But I still wish we could afford last minute plane tickets . . .

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
That is so cool! I have mixed feelings about powder. lol. I skied at Louise on Saturday. There was definitely more snow than I anticipated and there were still plenty of people out on some of the runs. I skied with the Ski Friends.

Morning was pretty good, but I struggled a bit with the snow. I kinda suck at powder skiing (or at least changing my style for powder), but tend to do better when it's me and my son and I feel "free" and less self conscious. On this day at Louise, instead of focusing on my own line, I think I was spending too much time worrying about where everyone else was and where they were skiing. I fell three times, but the landing was oh, so, soft. I did leave a puddle in the lodge at lunch, though. heehee. I do way better when I just stay in the fall line (someone else wrote about headlights and snot... it makes sense!) and go. The Ski Friends group included five people from a ski club in Ontario and me. In the afternoon, I did the Rock Garden for the second time, which is really fun under those conditions. And I skied enough black runs to fry my legs (that's good). Will keep practicing my powder skiing, and it looks like I'll get the opportunity this season (crazy forecast for this week)! Will be out to Sunshine at least two more times this season. :smile: When I can ski the fluffy stuff reasonably well with my all-mountain skis, maybe I'll treat myself to some fat ol' powder boards? We'll see. But I doubt I'll ever have more than two pair.

I tried out my newly-installed Slopes app. It's really cool. I think I'll buy the "pass" feature, which is around $19.99 for the year. I'm happy to support the developer with this one. (I tried to upload some pics, below. Hope I did this right!) I hit my top speed for the day on the Men's Downhill run on the front side in the morning as I was finishing up with the Ski Friends before lunch; it was in great condition by that time (for me and my skis anyway). I am definitely more comfortable speeding and carving than I am in deep powder. The biggest surprise from this app is the ratio of skiing to lift riding and "resting," which I don't think includes standing in lift lines.

okay... sorry for the ramble! I might be overthinking this. haha

IMG_1257.PNG
IMG_1258.PNG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly