• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Advice wanted - Round-The-World trip planning

NbyNW

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So excited for you!

Safe travels, and looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Jillian

Certified Ski Diva
Happy to answer any questions re Sydney, Great Barrier Reef and other parts of Australia. Feel free to pm.

The weather here is glorious at this time of year.

A truly wonderful adventure!

Toucan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First, have a fabulous time! My only other advice is journal your travels. I still go back and read my notes from when I traveled to Oz, Malaysia, Thailand, and Hong Kong. It triggers more memories for me than the pics I took. Be joyous and safe!

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jillian - I'll definitely be PM'ing you. I need to know more about the diving on the GBR. And general Australia knowledge too.

I will be documenting my trip. I keep a diary of nearly every vacation or trip I have been on. As a kid every holiday was on our canal boat and we wrote up the ship's log every night. I have a great diary from my 7 months travelling across Africa nearly 25 years ago, complete with local postage stamps in the margins and sketches. These are not only a trip down memory lane, but a reminder of the person I was then.
Last summer I blogged my trip of Europe, but still kept a hand written version, with a little more detail to enhance my own memories.

JoySki

Certified Ski Diva
LB,

I'm most happy to help if you have questions about any of the following places (all are places I once called or still call home, apart from China, which is a place I've spent time on-and-off living in):

Hong Kong
China
Tasmania, Aus
Melbourne, Aus

I'm so very excited for you...wishing you the greatest of travels and memories!

Toucan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As a kid every holiday was on our canal boat and we wrote up the ship's log every night. I have a great diary from my 7 months travelling across Africa nearly 25 years ago, complete with local postage stamps in the margins and sketches. These are not only a trip down memory lane, but a reminder of the person I was then.
Last summer I blogged my trip of Europe, but still kept a hand written version, with a little more detail to enhance my own memories.

If I ever grow up, I want to be you!

RuthB

Angel Diva
NZ

LB

I'm in New Zealand, happy to give you some ideas, and buy you a coffee if you make it to Wellington - you've made a great start by having 8 weeks for NZ.

Ruth

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting development in the Round the World trip. Northern Europe is a non flying zone right now - due to Volcanic ash blowing in from Eyjafjallajoekull eruption in Iceland. Gets sucked into jet engines and shuts them down. All flights are grounded, will be reviewed tomorrow.

My flight is due to leave Monday morning.

Fingers crossed. I'm just about packed and ready to go, I'll go crazy if I have to sit around for a few days.

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh no LilaBear!

Really hope you don't get held up. I'm worrying about getting home from Colorado, I fly on Monday.

You'll be itching to get going as well. Fingers crossed for you.

Jenn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good for you and good luck! I've been following the effects of the Icelandic eruption and will be thinking of you when the flights get going again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly