• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Adding avatar not working for me

patoswiss

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am trying to update my avatar pic. I go to Personal Details, then click on the empty avatar. It opens up the File search window, I choose the file, it does the 'thinking lines' in the right hand corner but no picture shows up when it is done thinking. Any tips? I have a Mac.... And it is a .jpg file. Are there any file size limits?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry you're having a problem. I have a Mac, too, and I just tried it a few times to test it out. Yes, there are file restrictions: 200 x 200. Also, after you choose the file, click "okay," then close the box and refresh your page. That should do it. It did for me.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Sorry you're having a problem. I have a Mac, too, and I just tried it a few times to test it out. Yes, there are file restrictions: 200 x 200. Also, after you choose the file, click "okay," then close the box and refresh your page. That should do it. It did for me.

Hi... I just upgraded my Mac Book Air to Yosemite and no longer have iphotos, now called Photos... I have tried several times to update my avatar pix and it keeps turning sideways... There is nowhere to rotate it.. I even tried rotating it first (knowing it was going counter clockwise)... still doesn't work.... I gave up, but then saw this thread....

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hi... I just upgraded my Mac Book Air to Yosemite and no longer have iphotos, now called Photos... I have tried several times to update my avatar pix and it keeps turning sideways... There is nowhere to rotate it.. I even tried rotating it first (knowing it was going counter clockwise)... still doesn't work.... I gave up, but then saw this thread....

The only advice I would have for you is to rotate it first -- which you say you've done. I have no idea why it's rotating when it's uploaded. Are you sure it's saved in the position you want, before uploading? That might help.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yeah, I tried it all..... well, for now, no avatar rather than sideways one. First thing I tried was rotating before uploading which appeared to work, but alas, did not...
Thanks.... think I'll catch my nephew (who works at Apple) next time he comes to Santa Cruz....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
googled the problem and it's happening with upgrades to Yosemite ... a suggestion was to save a photo to the desktop and try that way. Well, some worked...and others didn't..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly