• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Adaptive?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I seem to recall that there was someone on this forum who worked with their ski resort's adaptive program? I'm considering doing some volunteering for the local adaptive program this coming winter and I'd love to hear from those who have experience working with this type of program. Thanks in advance!

Jilly

Staff member
I can think of her real life name but don't remember her handle here. She was with Maine Adaptive. She has left them for something else.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kimmy, I have a good friend who has volunteered with BOEC and Challenge Aspen. I can put you in touch with him.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! Can you send me his info via pm?

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been a part of some adaptive programs/camps because my husband is an adaptive skier. Maybe I can help you.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just looking for information on how it was to work/volunteer there. I'm considering volunteering at Eldora 1 day a week this winter because its been something that interested me for a while!

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I say go for it! I think you will learn if its for you quickly. What specifically are you hoping to do? I know most programs have a wide variety of athletes they work with, some needing more physical help, others just a friend to explore the mountain with. Most programs serve both kids and adults with both physical and mental disabilities. Just those 4 categories alone would be very different work. I have also found that every program has its own culture and personality. Hopefully the one you are interested in will fit what you are looking for. Good luck.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, I submitted my info but I think it's a bit too early for them to send out information about the program to volunteers, I think they have their training days in November or December. I don't really have much of an idea of what I 'want' to do, just that it might be fun to help people enjoy skiing without having to be in an instructor position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna