• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Active COVID outbreaks at ski resorts

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@contesstant while I am only using conjecture, I suspect that our 5 variant cases reflect more testing access than the national average a little bit too, not just total new variant cases. I say this because the combination of a super vigilant hospital CEO who is forward thinking and the billionaire access to tests and vaccines many can't get sometimes does make a difference in data collection. Our CEO ordered a super freezer early last summer in anticipation of getting vaccines. Only 3 exist in the whole state. We had antibody testing early May before many cities did.

At least I foolishly like to think the variant is everywhere, but the US being ranked 43rd in terms of testing for variants is what is creating some odd concentrations in communities with testing connections.

I still grab my food while wearing my n95, then go sit alone to eat it. Yesterday I was literally outside the window, while my students sat just on the inside of it...looked pretty funny.

So hard to be vigilant every single second.

finsterlee

Certified Ski Diva
Because you can't just park your car next to the slopes at these giant resorts and go back and grab a packed lunch, and packing the pockets with enough food is a major pain in the butt.

Don't laugh, but one of my girlfriends has convinced us to carry Uncrustable PBJs on hill this year. Just stick one in your pocket, it's not bulky at all. It is perfectly thawed by the time you are hungry around 12! It does a good job filling us up for a couple more hours until we are ready to stop for the day and go back to the car and eat more there, or grab takeout.

I recommend the grape over strawberry :smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't laugh, but one of my girlfriends has convinced us to carry Uncrustable PBJs on hill this year. Just stick one in your pocket, it's not bulky at all. It is perfectly thawed by the time you are hungry around 12! It does a good job filling us up for a couple more hours until we are ready to stop for the day and go back to the car and eat more there, or grab takeout.

I recommend the grape over strawberry
I never thought about the fact that those won't (hopefully) squish all over. Do tell, why grape over strawberry? :laughter:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I never thought about the fact that those won't (hopefully) squish all over. Do tell, why grape over strawberry? :laughter:

Because you never expect grape jelly to taste all that wonderful anyway unless it’s homemade! :becky: You hope the strawberry will taste like something from a good manufacturer but in the Uncrustable it’s the cheap stuff! I have a friend who takes those sailing for the same reason. It’s something she will eat and she can just grab it at lunchtime and it’s all defrosted.

finsterlee

Certified Ski Diva

Ha ha ha ha ha! Probably because I always had grape as a kid! :thumbsup: The jumbo box at Costco has bigger sandwiches, compared to the WalMart jumbo box and the grocery store boxes, btw. No clue why!

Good catch... you reminded me of the squish factor! A caveat is if you are crashing a lot, they might not work. Or you will want them in a chest pocket on your jacket, and make sure you crash before they have thawed. My 16 year old son informs me that when other kids on his ski team have tried to take them, they just end up being a bag of mush by lunchtime. Hopefully most of us aren't doing back flips off cliffs (on purpose). :rotf:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ha ha ha ha ha! Probably because I always had grape as a kid! :thumbsup: The jumbo box at Costco has bigger sandwiches, compared to the WalMart jumbo box and the grocery store boxes, btw. No clue why!

Good catch... you reminded me of the squish factor! A caveat is if you are crashing a lot, they might not work. Or you will want them in a chest pocket on your jacket, and make sure you crash before they have thawed. My 16 year old son informs me that when other kids on his ski team have tried to take them, they just end up being a bag of mush by lunchtime. Hopefully most of us aren't doing back flips off cliffs (on purpose). :rotf:
LOL I am not a big crasher! I might pick up a box at Costco this weekend. I usually pack a Fig bar (also sold at Costco, not actually fig, but various berry flavors) but those are a snack at best. I get super hangry. Just ask my better half. :tongue:

finsterlee

Certified Ski Diva
LOL I am not a big crasher! I might pick up a box at Costco this weekend. I usually pack a Fig bar (also sold at Costco, not actually fig, but various berry flavors) but those are a snack at best. I get super hangry. Just ask my better half. :tongue:
Me too! They definitely help me more than a Clif Bar, but everyone is different. I just saw you are Ogden- I’m Utah too! Don’t make it to Snowbasin very often though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly