• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Action to save a dog from a bad owner

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do think every dog is different. Cooper and Loki respond wildly differently to training techniques. Cooper was always "pretty good," but in working on loose leash we realized he was incredibly resistant to modification. His default behavior is less annoying than Loki's, but it's really hard to get him to change anything. Loki is a wild child, but it turns out that when you give him guidance, he's more likely to follow it to the letter.

dancingspark

Certified Ski Diva
So since people were wondering what happened, here's the update (sadly, not a happy ending):

Dog knocked my roommate down the staircase because she got aggressive with her and my roommate tried to get out of the way. My roommate was really shaken up (though luckily no concussion or broken bones) and that was the last straw for her. She made it clear to my cousin he needed to get a trainer, and even called one for him right there. The next day he told us he was moving out because we were bad roommates and the dog only had problems with us. This is to the tune of $4750 to break our lease and losing the $1000 worth of deposits, all so he doesn't have to train his dog.

I called animal control to ask what to do and they said if there was any further aggression to contact them right away and that I was welcome to report the past incidents. I held off for now, but I will be contacting my landlord later today to report the dog bites and attacks. That will cause my cousin to be evicted from our apartment in 10 days. It may seem harsh, but our neighbors have four very young kids and I'm worried something else might happen before his 30 days notice is up (Dec 1).

He's not speaking to me anymore and is actively avoiding me...but he effectively ended our relationship when he chose his dog over my safety, so I'm not too distraught about that. I'm just so disgusted by his behavior.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna