• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A great, ugly face mask.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about you, but on really, really windy cold days I wear a face mask. I know it's not the best look going, but I find that I really need to protect my skin. Plus it makes the overall ski experience considerably better.

The problem with most face masks, however, is that they get really, really wet inside. So even though I'm warmer, I have this constant wet area around my mouth and nose. Which can be awfully unpleasant.

Anyway, this past year I discovered the best working, worst looking face mask on the market. It's called the Xchanger, and I got it at the Herrington Catalog.

I know this is going to sound like a commercial, but it's way better than conventional face masks. It actually captures your body heat to warm the air before you inhale, so you actually stay warmer. And there's a small plastic module that keeps the mosture away from your face, too, so you stay drier.

On the downside, though, it is really, really ugly. I mean, I think I look like Darth Vader when I wear it.

So if you can reconcile the two, you might want to check it out.

https://herrington-catalog.stores.yahoo.net/ss201.html

Just thought I'd pass it on.

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hooray for face masks. I feel like a dork sometimes but so what, they're warm. This one is good too:

Seirus Neofleece "Masque" Face Mask

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear this oddly shaped red face mask that totally disguises who I am when it's really cold. I ski alone a lot, and it's funny how people avoid sharing a chair lift with me. I often think that when I wear that mask people are more likely to sit with me. It's odd.

Anyway, I love it. I look like some axe murderer from some horror flick. Its shape is really odd- it goes up over my ears. Tres cool. It's red. I don't care if it gets wet. I just wash it at home on the kitchen counter with dish detergent and it dries fast.

I feel protected by it, from more than the wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna