• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A different sort of ski film.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If you think that all ski films are about people hucking off of cliffs or dropping into chutes in the backcountry, I encourage you to watch "North Country." It's about Lahout's in Franconia, NH, the oldest ski shop in the country. I just finished watching it, and I'm a bit overcome. Maybe it's because my family had a store in NJ for more than 87 years, so I felt a personal connection. Anyway, watch it. It's only about 25 minutes long, and it's really good.

Last edited:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to ski Cannon and even had business clients in Franconia. Great place!

newboots

Angel Diva
I've been to the store(s). They are a huge presence in town and have all sorts of great sporting goods. Wonderful shop!

Jesski

Certified Ski Diva
Watched and loved the film! Was surprised to learn the family is Lebanese in origin! (I’m part Jordanian so felt extra special to me)

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think of exit 32 (off I-93) as the Lahout exit. Much of the commercial enterprises there have Lahout in the name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna