• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A decent watch to wear skiing

socalgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Howdy!
I'm looking for something that doesn't scream manly-man and is not giant on my wrist. I don't want a fitness tracker or anything like that. Just something that can handle shocks, cold, general abuse, tell me the time in any conditions. Any other cool features?

Anyone have any recommendations?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
my basic timex has been great.. it even has a lighted dial if I push the winder button.. it needs a battery now but I've had it for a long time. (the numbers are big too) I love it, it's been through a lot of skiing, cold, banging around. it's not big either
T20441.png

socalgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hmm, does that have a leather strap? I've had poor luck with my timex straps splitting.

Jilly

Staff member
I've used a stainless steel watch from Freestyle for what seems like forever. I got the watch from some point group that I belonged to. Think it was Club Z. Waterproof to 33' too.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've been using a Timex Expedition for a while. Basic watch and not too big. Has multiple alarms and a timer feature, and backlighting. I've sometimes put in on over my jacket sleeve and it's done fine.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No fancy features, but I have mostly worn Swatch watches since the 80's. Waterproof and fun designs. I should take back the no features part- I don't think it exists anymore, but at one point they had one that you could use as an rifd lift pass at some European resorts. That one was out of my budget at the time.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hmm, does that have a leather strap? I've had poor luck with my timex straps splitting.

yes timex is leather but could put any type of band on it. I was just buying a new band and battery today - there were lots of options for bands (metal to leather)
While I was at jewelry store my friend/owner mentioned Citizens Watches. NO Battery (run on light) are waterproof, she said she never takes hers off ever!! and has had it for Years!! only time it stopped was when she forgot to let it see the light (was under all her winter layers for 3days) Hers was gold (she owns the jewelry store) but there are many varieties she had in the show case and many were small dials. I also don't like the giant dials, my wrist is small! I didn't ask the price, may be worth checking out...

Christy

Angel Diva
Thanks for posting this – – I need exactly this watch too, for hiking and skiing. I ordered that basic Timex which turns out to be 40 years old and they have all sorts of riffs on it for its anniversary.

socalgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yes timex is leather but could put any type of band on it. I was just buying a new band and battery today - there were lots of options for bands (metal to leather)
While I was at jewelry store my friend/owner mentioned Citizens Watches. NO Battery (run on light) are waterproof, she said she never takes hers off ever!! and has had it for Years!! only time it stopped was when she forgot to let it see the light (was under all her winter layers for 3days) Hers was gold (she owns the jewelry store) but there are many varieties she had in the show case and many were small dials. I also don't like the giant dials, my wrist is small! I didn't ask the price, may be worth checking out...
I checked them out... a wee bit on the pricey side. but very nice!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Freestyle was my go to for surfing for many years, but they are not built like the used to be. Instead, I've been wearing Neff Flava watches for surfing and other outdoor activities. I like the small size, they fit my wrist with out being overbearing. (They have XL also). They take a beating. Can be found on Neff website or Amazon for about 16$- 20$. Don't really want a big watch to stuff under my mitten/ glove....or over wetsuit.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Walmart and other big box stores sell these dangling watches in winter. I get one every season, early (Novemberish) before they run out, for about $12.00, and replace it next season. New England cold weather (single digits) and snow and rain do not slow it down. I can see what time it is any time without messing with my sleeves, as it clips onto my jacket. I never take it off. My usual wrist watch stays on my wrist, for use when I take my jacket off.

Be sure to get one with an upside down face, so you can read it as you look down on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CZBH72/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_1_w

Sandrine

Diva in Training
Those mini clip watches are such a great idea! I've been using my phone, but it keeps dying on me.

Tvan

Angel Diva
We have the clip on watches - much easier than trying to dig a wristwatch out from under layers of fleece and gloves

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna