• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A call for help.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Done... no goggle sac necessary. Use the money towards the bill that isn't small! (I have a few of those too and it's scary how it adds up fast)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Venmo is so easy! I just sent my contribution in! I've switched over to Venmo for almost every service provider that isn't a big company.
Not singling you out, but I noticed several posts about PayPal and Venmo.
One of my bootfitting clients is MJ Austin, the Senior Director of Product Management at PayPal.
She was sitting on the boot bench one day and one of the 20somethings said, "I use Venmo instead of PayPal because its so much cooler." MJ said, "That's cool, we own Venmo."

FWIW, PayPal is easy for me to support because they are huge advocates for equal pay for diversity in the work place and have a program to get women back in the workforce after taking time off to be a mom.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Not singling you out, but I noticed several posts about PayPal and Venmo.
One of my bootfitting clients is MJ Austin, the Senior Director of Product Management at PayPal.
She was sitting on the boot bench one day and one of the 20somethings said, "I use Venmo instead of PayPal because its so much cooler." MJ said, "That's cool, we own Venmo."

And, just so you know, PayPal is easy for me to support because they are huge advocates for equal pay for diversity in the work place and have a program to get women back in the workforce after taking time off to be a mom.

Interesting, I didn’t know they own Venmo. Curious then about an issue I ran into yesterday. I had to make a large money transfer to pay my seasonal condo rental, and tried to use Venmo only because I had used that for the deposit months ago. Come to find out, there is a weekly transfer limit on Venmo that was less than half of the payment I needed to make. So I tried Paypal instead, and though I had to do a couple of extra verification steps, everything went through in full. This has never come up before because I don’t usually do large transfers, but good to know now..

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting, I didn’t know they own Venmo. Curious then about an issue I ran into yesterday. I had to make a large money transfer to pay my seasonal condo rental, and tried to use Venmo only because I had used that for the deposit months ago. Come to find out, there is a weekly transfer limit on Venmo that was less than half of the payment I needed to make. So I tried Paypal instead, and though I had to do a couple of extra verification steps, everything went through in full. This has never come up before because I don’t usually do large transfers, but good to know now..
Hmmm, thats interesting.
My guess(and its only a guess) is that you have your accounts set up with different security.
I know that we use Phil's account log in instead of mine because I rarely used mine in the past so the limits were different. Phil's is what we use for all of our major transactions so it's seamless to use.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hmmm, thats interesting.
My guess(and its only a guess) is that you have your accounts set up with different security.
I know that we use Phil's account log in instead of mine because I rarely used mine in the past so the limits were different. Phil's is what we use for all of our major transactions so it's seamless to use.

I was wondering that, but I looked up Venmo’s policies after it denied my transaction and they have very specific limits for transfers in and out of a bank account weekly that say they cannot be increased. (I didn’t want to use a credit card due to fees) So not sure.. Paypal there was no issue, I just had to enter extra identifying information and then I also got a text a bit later verifying the transaction as well that I had to respond to. I do use Paypal way more often than Venmo though, so there could be something different I originally set up and don’t recall.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was wondering that, but I looked up Venmo’s policies after it denied my transaction and they have very specific limits for transfers in and out of a bank account weekly that say they cannot be increased. (I didn’t want to use a credit card due to fees) So not sure.. Paypal there was no issue, I just had to enter extra identifying information and then I also got a text a bit later verifying the transaction as well that I had to respond to. I do use Paypal way more often than Venmo though, so there could be something different I originally set up and don’t recall.
Now you have me curious. When I see MJ again, I'll ask her.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
i knew that about Venmo, but that’s really cool, I’m glad that they support those initiatives! I just use Venmo because of the convenience factor for me - most people I know use it.

I don’t want to take the thread too off topic but I’ve been uneasy about my paypal use ever since one of the board members funded a lawsuit that caused a media company to be shut down. So this at least alleviates a bit of my consumer guilt.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who's contributed!

I just opened a Patreon account, too, so anyone who wants to contribute that way can go here.

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Done via Paypal, no gogglesoc necessary, keep everything to put toward the bill! Bumping...

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sent via Venmo! Thank you for keeping this site going. After a hard day at work there is very little that makes me feel as happy as reading skiing posts written by women who love the sport as much as — or perhaps even more than — I do!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Will the Diva from Hemlock, NY, let me know your user name? I appreciate the check, and I'd like to know who you are on the forum.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Done via PayPal - Natasha from VA. No Gogglesoc necessary. I'll take a sticker if you have any left. Got some new skis and would be cool to put the sticker on them (I already have one on my car. :becky:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly