• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

3/4 length baselayer bottoms?

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
I actually found out this past season 3/4 lengths work well also! Got some UA 3/4 leghths. Not snow specific, but it works still.

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
I'd keep an eye on Uniqlo also -- my local store is gone and I'm quiet sad about that, but I love them for basic stuff and under layers of various fabrics/techs as season changes. Their base layers run very thin- which I like before the deep deep cold

Last year, they had shorts in fluffy fabric that you want to curl up in like this -- Soft Fluffy Shorts but more fitted. Great for colder days so your butt stays warmer without feeling bulky further below your legs.

They offer free pants alterations for actual outer ware, it's a great service for us vertically challenged legs

Hammie

Certified Ski Diva
I use the Smartwool 3/4 length, or second the recommendation to find a friend (or professional) with a serger or overlocker to cut down a full length pair and finish off the edges. Serging them will prevent fraying while keeping them stretchy, unlike a plain sewn hem that won’t have any “give”

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I only ever wear 3/4 length base layer pants! I haven't had much trouble finding any in NZ, all the major merino brands seem to do them. I have one icebreaker pair and one mons royale pair.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear regular length then fold them up above the boot top. 3/4 length tend to be too short and then I have gaper gap between my boot top and my base layer! :laughter: Even with socks.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear regular length then fold them up above the boot top. 3/4 length tend to be too short and then I have gaper gap between my boot top and my base layer! :laughter: Even with socks.
I'm too short for 3/4 length to leave a gap, but I have done the scrunch up with full length.

Also wanted to come back to this thread to say thanks for posting the icebreaker sale! I got a pair of the 3/4 length marino base layer as well as a top. I really like both!

knolan12

Angel Diva
I have the Burton ones and really like them! Got them off Amazon last season.

I wish they made higher waist base layers though. I have a long torso and I feel like my Smart Wool ones barely cover my butt haha

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm too short for 3/4 length to leave a gap, but I have done the scrunch up with full length.

Also wanted to come back to this thread to say thanks for posting the icebreaker sale! I got a pair of the 3/4 length marino base layer as well as a top. I really like both!
Big icebreaker fan here.... probably have 4 pairs of 3/4 length icebreaker bottoms and several tops! Personally, I like the fabric better than Smartwool (smoother, tighter weave)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly