• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2019 Ski trip

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So the good news is ... I just booked flights for a family ski trip in February! Woo Hoo:ski: I didn’t think I could afford it but the flights came down in price. It’s still going to cost a fortune, but it gives me an incentive to keep fit over the winter and it’s educational for the kids, right? Right?

Tvan

Angel Diva
It must be in the air... I have booked our annual Christmas trip to Stratton (including dinner reservations... calling for spa appointments tomorrow), my 5-day Okemo Women’s alpine adventure in January, and Diva East in March. Ikon pass has arrived, and waiting for the ORDA Empire Card. Is is winter yet?

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for your enabling/encouraging responses! We’re flying to Munich so it will be the Austrian Alps, but I haven’t decided exactly where yet. There are tons of options within a few hours of Munich so my next project is to explore them and pick one. I’ll keep you posted!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Went to Kitzbuhel in 2017 and Bad Gastein in 2011...... both great places...

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both great by all accounts. I’ve heard Kitzbuhel is pricy but the region is certainly a possibility.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not as bad as you might think... Austria is much cheaper than Switzerland!

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That’s true @santacruz skier. Switzerland is crazy. Even Swiss friends advise me to go to Austria! The last few years I’ve gone to small ski areas that are near bigger name resorts. The terrain is not quite as dramatic and there’s certainly less of it but my kids are still small so it’s enough for us. The lift tickets cover the bigger resorts so in theory you could ski there too, but I haven’t actually done it. In a couple of years time the kids will be able to ski almost anywhere and then it will be a different calculation.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Let us know what you decide!
I'll be in St Moritz and Davos late January-early Feb

Gmgirl

Certified Ski Diva
We are headed to Kitzbuhel over Christmas. It will be crazy busy, but I'll report back. How exciting to be going in February! The snow should be great. I'm justifying it the same way, it'll be good for our boys, 9 and 12.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We loved Lech, Zurs, St. Anton. One year there was so much snow we could not make it past Landeck. Skied at Venet, stayed in a small guest house near the gondola, and had fresh powder every day.

They were evacuating the higher ski areas through Zams via military helicopters.

My point is, every ski area in Austria will be wonderful for you and is highly recommended. Have a great time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna