• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2019 Ski Season in Australia

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
We have done the season passes the last few years, probably won't next year as we're taking our daughter to Europe instead to meet our elderly relatives. This year I haven't got my value out of it, having only skied 3 days so far this season. Last year we added the full upgrade on to the usual season pass so that we could have unlimited skiing at Whistler in January (2019). It was amazingly good value, my husband paid (and is still skiing up at Perisher right as I type, so I can't ask) but it was from memory perhaps only an extra $300 Australian on top of the normal season pass price...

Daniele

Certified Ski Diva
Definitely. Always get a season pass and seeing as the Epic pass has replaced the old Hero Pass for Falls Creek and Mount Hotham I will be locking it in. I usually get at least 20 days on the season pass, so well worth it. Since Vail bought Falls & Hotham, our pass now includes Perisher too, so we’re taking advantage of that and heading up for 4 days next week for a change of scenery.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The more I pay attention to Epic passes, the more obvious it becomes that there are lots of options and variations between regions. Whether or not a 1-location option exists for locals or an option for seniors over 62 or 65 varies by region in the U.S. The Epic Australia Pass is yet another regional variation. Have been several recent additions in Japan that are clearly aimed at the Australian market.

Starting to see why some Aussies might consider buying a Full Epic pass that provides more access to N. American resorts including the RCR resorts in Canada plus Perisher, Hotham, and Falls Creeks in Australia in 2020. Price is US$939 until Sept. 2, 2019, which is about AUS$1400.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 8.56.29 AM.png

The Ikon pass covers Thredbo, Mt. Buller plus a few places in NZ. Doesn't seem to get talked about as much by Australians who take ski trips to Japan and N. America. But it's only been available for one season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly