• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2018 Volkl Yumi and Black Pearl 88

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Turning radius of BP88 @152 is 12.0. Closer to Yumi @147. Less difference in radius between the different lengths of the BP88. Presumably because of the ski shape and/or materials. Took me years to realize how much the turning radius varies with length.
Ok good to know... Both my Sambas 153 and Black Crows 156 have turning radius 18 so really want to get a ski with short turning radius l...

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Demoed the new Yumi last week at Loveland. Like some others here I also felt like being back on Kenja, more like Kenja jr, that I'd sold to purchase the pre-metal Yumi. I still love them with the exception of badly chopped up snow. My stats, 5'/115lb, low advanced, older skier.

Last edited:

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So my end of season verdict on the Yumis was - I liked them a lot still but they were less forgiving than the old wood ones. Also, something funny is going on with my right leg and I can't flatten that ski & for ages I couldn't tell if it was the newer Yumis or my liners packing. But it turned out that my SI joint was stuck and stiffness in the hips wasn't helping things any.

Cantabrigienne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've just loved my Yumis (2018 ones, with metal) more and more as the season went on. They've taken me everywhere (hard pack, some powder, off piste) - and they're so lovely and light when carried (onto gondolas, trams etc. - a bit deal for little me!). I am SO glad I got them.

Oh yeah - the ease of carrying Yumis is definitely one of the best things about them. My sister has Atomic D2 VF75s as her carving skis and I swear each ski weighs more than the pair of Yumis together!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've just loved my Yumis (2018 ones, with metal) more and more as the season went on. They've taken me everywhere (hard pack, some powder, off piste) - and they're so lovely and light when carried (onto gondolas, trams etc. - a bit deal for little me!). I am SO glad I got them.

I only skied mine a handful of days b/c I spent most of my time on my race skis this season, but yeah they were great overall. Very glad I bought them at the end of last year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna