• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl or 2018 Nordica Santa Ana 93

MissySki

Angel Diva
For sure. A little hard to know for sure since my demo runs were on New England hardpack groomers but I think I might like the new Santa Ana 88 better than the 2018 BP88. Rather glad I'm not in the market for all-mountain skis right now. :wink:

I’m not a fan of the new BP88, and did prefer the Santa Ana 88 I tried yesterday to it. Though I preferred the 93 to the 88, and my Sheeva 9 to all of them. :becky:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the BP 88, the new BP 82, the Sheeva 9, and the Santa Ana 88 yesterday. For me the Santa Ana 88 was the winner. Definitely a ski I want to try again in different conditions.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had BPs and sold them. Now having a blast on SA's. I felt like the Santa Ana's can handle more power, though some people feel the opposite.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I was on the market, and I changed my mind. :wink:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the BP 88, the new BP 82, the Sheeva 9, and the Santa Ana 88 yesterday. For me the Santa Ana 88 was the winner. Definitely a ski I want to try again in different conditions.
I bought the SA88 and have skied them several days, in a mixed bag of conditions, and I continue to giggle when I ski them :becky: Nordica hit a home run with this ski!

Dashingttsnow

Diva in Training
For those who have had the chance to demo the SA 88, do you know how they compare to the Volkl Secret? Has anyone found SA 88s to demo near Massachusetts?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For those who have had the chance to demo the SA 88, do you know how they compare to the Volkl Secret? Has anyone found SA 88s to demo near Massachusetts?
I own both. The Secret is less forgiving and of course slower to get on edge just by being 5mm wider. Both RIP on the groomers (as much as I can rip, LOL.) Both do really well in powder, too. The SA is quite a bit more playful and still equally as stable and good on hard snow. I'm selling the Secrets and plan to keep the Santa Anas, because you'll get them out of my hands when I'm 6 feet under!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I also demoed them at Sunapee last week, they were fun. I liked them more than the Secret, but I’m not a Volkl fan for the most part so that’s pretty typical for me.

newboots

Angel Diva
Wait, all of you were at Sunapee last week? Shoot! We should have all worn yellow ribbons or something to meet each other.

Next time!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At the Women's Day thing, that is? Whenever I took my helmet off, I did make sure to put it on the table with my SkiDiva gogglesoc showing, just in case.

newboots

Angel Diva
I was there, with @Abbi

We will have to have a secret handshake or something, next year!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So in the upstairs room, any chance you were along the outside wall near some cubbies? If you went up the main stairs, and turned to the left?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly