• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2017-2018 Season Accomplishments

KathrynC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I made some connections to tour with in Scotland. Most of my friends are happy to stay front-side so I have had limited opportunities to get away from the pistes the last couple of years. Social anxiety is a bigger problem for me than actually skiing so putting in the effort to make some connections and ski with people I don't know this year has been a big deal!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Okay, I didn't go near bumps at all this year, and only went into the woods twice. Those will definitely be on my list for next year. You're all inspiring!

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What an inspiring thread! I think I had a few accomplishments this year...

1) I had some serious GAS this year. New skis, new bib, new jacket, new helmet, new gloves (end of season, sadly) and new goggles as a birthday gift in April. I think the new skis were the best thing to happen to my abilities. I am on Line Pandora 95's and I am infatuated with them. Sadly I am returning them for a warranty delam issue, but I'm pretty excited about the 2019 Line line-up!
2) My goal was to ski 30 days. I will hit over 50 days! 50!!!
3) I realized I am a solid advanced skier. I skied with a friend on my birthday this week and he said solidly, constructively critiqued my skills. He even said "you are an advanced skier, no doubt about that, but if you work on a. b. and c., you will work your way to becoming an expert skier!"
4) Shorter poles. They forced me to lean forward, and that makes a big difference in your pole planting and overall stature.

Happy skiing, Divas. It's coming to an end and I just can't face the truth!

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My biggest goal was to just be able to ski, given my knee issue. Being on skis this year was pure joy and a huge reward for all my PT work.

I learned so much this year...My PT instructed me to avoid bumps, but sometimes that's hard to do...and I managed them just fine.

Some other real firsts:

I got a good taste for deeper powder this season, and to my delight, I was able to ski powder on my narrowish skis (80 underfoot).
I went down my first black runs this year, and skied them with confidence...:ski2:

I did a little bowl and tree skiing, too...

My biggest accomplishment was simply getting out of my head...when faced with some challenging terrain, I would stop, prepare with arms forward, "tits over tips", weight that downhill ski and point my skis at 10 and 2 o'clock, enjoy the feeling of the fall line....take a deep breath and tell myself 'I can do this!"

My SO and I were able to really ski together this year...and it was delightful.

I have one more time on the hill this weekend...I wish it wasn't coming to an end!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna