• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2017-2018 Season Accomplishments

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Though ski season isn't over quite yet, I figured it would still be a good time to start a conversation about what our biggest accomplishments were this season, or anything else you are proud of or want to brag about.

For me, it's 2 things.
1) skiing bumps: I did a couple of the WAA clinics at okemo this year and while I still have a lot to learn in the bumps, I can ski them! I'm not afraid of them and I actually enjoy it! Next season I want to work on linking my turns in the bumps
2) New skis: I definitely notice a difference in my skiing, and I'm less sore at the end of the day with my new skis. I also learned a lot throughout the demo process and even did one of the aforementioned clinics on a pair of demos! Next season i'll probably look into new boots and I'm sure that will affect my technique as well.

alison wong

Angel Diva
For me, this is a season of many "Firsts".
1) New boots - loved them
2) Ventured out several new places on my own, enjoyed and survived them all. Taos, Aspen 4, Sunlight, Montage, Elk, Canaan Valley
3) Skied few double blacks here in Mid-Atlantic hills: Liberty, Montage. (even though they'd be blues or blacks in west coast standards)
4) Started learning how to ski moguls
5) Came to realization that I am a solid intermediate now

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Some big firsts for me this season:
1) this is the first season I've skied every single run with my SO, DD and DS! We would sometimes break off when they would do more difficult runs and I would do easier ones, but this year we skied everything together. This was probably the biggest accomplishment for me since starting to ski 4 years ago;
2) first season skiing a lot of bumps, and even big icy ones;
3) first season skiing a lot of trees, including my first really hard steep glade run (Diamond Glades at Marmot Basin)
4) skied my first double black, and I did it at Lake Louise!
5) jumped off my first terrain park feature, an "S" jump. Granted it was on a powder day and I wasn't super afraid of getting hurt, but it was still a jump though, and defintely got air!
Looking forward to what the rest of the season holds!!!

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Major techniques improvement in carving and finishing my turns which led to better angulation and Seperation.
Hitting the bigger jumps in the terrain park
Successfully making it through a race course without any major issues

Next season goals - start by get good boots ( coach said my current ones are limiting my progression) and getting park skis so i can do all the features. Of course continue improving technique, and enter in local races

EeveeCanSki

Certified Ski Diva
Accomplishments this year:

1) Skied my first blue runs! They were pretty gentle with alternating pitch and flats, and I tried them on fresh snow. (The blues at my home hills have constant pitch more or less.) Well worth challenging myself--I had the tools, just had to find the right trails to try!
2) Confidently skied most of the greens at my home hills--two trails melted during the February thaw--but there's always next year. I now have a benchmark green trail, not a bunny, that I can use to help me gauge how well I am skiing on any particular day.
3) Skied for a longer distance than ever before without stopping--am getting the sense of what mileage is and I want more of it.
4) Got more consistent parallel turns, and recovering from a wedge christie back to parallel mid-run if I find myself reverting. Am tipping skis on edge well when I find my rhythm.
5) Got timing of pole plants quite consistent--even if skiing slowly, a well-timed pole plant can make you look like a champ anywhere.
6) Pretty much overcame panic--I didn't recall looking at any trail and thinking "I'm going down Mount OMG!!!". I took each challenge as it came and systematically figured out how to remove myself from a couple of pickles I fell into, and continue.

I did everything I wanted to do, and then some. It's only gonna get "funner". :becky:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Thanks to the Nor'easters dumping on Vermont and New Hampshire this March, i experienced not only "skiing on cotton" but for the first time ever, "skiing on air"(Okemo, Pico, Stratton)!!!!! :fireworks:
On my 11th lesson day(on the perfect conditions) I felt almost invincible, like I could ski on anything; Bring on the double blacks (Sunapee. NH)!
I also skied more days than ever before, 54, at 10 resorts in 4 states....
I have to say it was my best season ever!:dancing:

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Thanks to the Nor'easters dumping on Vermont and New Hampshire this March, i experienced not only "skiing on cotton" but for the first time ever, "skiing on air"(Okemo, Pico, Stratton)!!!!! :fireworks:
On my 11th lesson day(on the perfect conditions) I felt almost invincible, like I could ski on anything; Bring on the double blacks (Sunapee. NH)!
I also skied more days than ever before, 54, at 10 resorts in 4 states....
I have to say it was my best season ever!:dancing:

From a girl in SC...this is just embarassing. I need to up my game! ;)

newboots

Angel Diva
The Brag about Your Season Thread!

Second year. I didn't vary my mountains much, just skiing Okemo, Suicide Six, and Killington. I skied from the top of Killington all the way down. I tried many new trails, including a bunch of blues. I complained a lot less when dear BF took me to new scary places. I fell a lot less!

Like @snowski/swimmouse , I had the wonderful advantage of Vermont's March storms, and learned that hero conditions make me A Skier! I had a blast on the powder! And I even played guide to @Abbi on trail after trail at Killington, blue squares and a black diamond or two, skiing with a new-found confidence. Partly being the guide instead of the follower, and partly the conditions.

And confidence allowed me to do what I'd been trying to do all season: get forward! Wow! You can feel the difference in control!

It's been fun.

mustski

Angel Diva
I became “decent” in bumps this year. That has always been a struggle for me. I am not talking about either big or icy bumps, but regular bumps. I been linked 15 turns in bumps today. My biggest problem is stopping because I get in my head and freeze. I am trying to overcome the stoping in “hard for me” terrain/conditions.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Dang! That's impressive, LL is not an easy mountain, and you did a double black!!! I can't hang with you no more , coz you are too advanced for me, to a point it becomes intimidating... :yield::hail:

Ha ha ha!!! You better hang with me!!!
Also - it was a REALLY easy double black - especially this year when there is so much snow and everything is filled in. I'll take you on it next time you're here :smile:

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is my fourth year skiing and I was quite happy with my season. Here are some of the accomplishments that I'm proud of:

1) Skied 20 times this year. This is the first year that I have skied that much.

2) I took a moguls lesson and while I definitely need a lot of work in this area I won't shy away from skiing a run filled with moguls now.

3) I pushed myself to ski glades more often and I feel more confident in them. Like with moguls I need more work in this area but I will not say no to a glade run anymore.

4) I skied a big mountain this year by skiing Lake Louise and Sunshine Village. I live in Quebec where our mountains pale in comparison to those I experienced out west so this was very exciting for me.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I improved my bump skiing and got more comfortable with them. Mind you I'm still not good, but I got less nervous than before, especially if I found myself on firmer bumps than I may like. That was pretty much my goal so I feel like I accomplished something.
I feel like I got a little better in trees too.
Not much improvement in powder but I don't get many powder days.
I'll probably have the same goals for next year too--basically to improve in un-groomed conditions.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I figured out how to keep my feet dry and warm!

2" of cute penguin duct tape covering the toe gasket right under the bottom buckle. OMG why did I endure 5+ years of cold, wet feet? I tried everything but boot heaters before the simple duct tape. Doh. :doh:

Oh and cutting 3" off my poles makes them way more enjoyable to use

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna