• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2007 Snowmaking begins in the East

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Killington is blowing snow, too, but they won't announce an opening date yet, darnit.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
some rain is expected in Vermont -- hopefully temps will be low enough up there to make snow.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's pouring right now in the greater Ludlow area. However -- they are calling for snow showers this week. So it's supposed to get better.

It's pouring here in Western Mass. as well. The rain actually woke me up around 5:30! When it rains really hard, the gutters near my bedroom rattle....

Keeping my fingers crossed for cool temps and snow coming soon. November 27 is my first day blocked off for skiing....

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey Calgal

I read this morning on Epic that Sunshine's postponing the opening until the 16th.

Jilly

Staff member
The Tremblant-insider is reporting "natural" snow on the top of Tremblant this morning. Back here on the north side of Lake ONtario we're getting a mix right now of "R" and wet flurries. Heh better than the hail this morning. ITS COMING!!:clap:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:ski2: Killington is still blowing snow and now says OPENING DAY is November 16th !!!

Jilly

Staff member
The Tremblant-insider has posted pics on his forum showing snow making on the Beauvallon. Wahoo - 2 weeks today I'm there!

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went to our web site to check out the web cam this morning and can see that they're blowing snow at Stratton. Hooray!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I was over at Okemo last night and they're blowing snow like crazy! It's 29 degrees this morning, so they're going to blow it all day today, too. Weather permitting, opening day is set for the 17th. :thumbsup:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It hasn't been posted on their site yet, but I heard a reliable rumour that Stowe is blowing too!!!!!!

quote from stowe.com:

SNOWMAKING HAS BEGUN - RESORT OPENING SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 21!

Snowmaking started on Mt. Mansfield at 9:28pm on Saturday, November 3. The snow guns were blowing winter white on Stowe Mountain Resort’s Ridgeview and Lord trails.

Later this week snowmaking will expand to Spruce Peak.

Stowe is scheduled to be open top to bottom by Wednesday, November 21.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Saw Stratton from the road today, and it looked like they're seriously involved in making snow. And if anyone's interested, Bromley had just the teensiest bit on the top.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My friends woke me up yesterday morning (sunday 11/11) and said "Get the hell up!" laughing, "we've already gotten in 7 runs!!" They were skiing at Mt. Snow and having a blast. I, sadly, was not.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It rained here in south central VT last night. All night. :(

Now, maybe it was different in the higher elevations. You never know. It can be raining at my house and snowing on the mountain. And the temperature is kind of borderline.

I'm going over there today, so I'll have a chance to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna