• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2007 Snowmaking begins in the East

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is a thread on Epic that is showing off the snowmaking at the resorts in the east...........
Killington, MtSnow, ........

Any one else want to add their favourite Eastern Ski Resort to the list of gettin' a jump on mother nature?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay this encouraged me to post over there. I was registered and had not posted. NOW I have another place to spend time. THANKS!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Okay this encouraged me to post over there. I was registered and had not posted. NOW I have another place to spend time. THANKS!

:D I try.

I'm probably about 70/20/10 on SkiDiva/AlpineZone/Epic at this point.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is a thread on Epic that is showing off the snowmaking at the resorts in the east...........
Killington, MtSnow, ........

Any one else want to add their favourite Eastern Ski Resort to the list of gettin' a jump on mother nature?

Yes, see pix of snowmaking on the Killington website! yea. I checked Okemo and Stratton but no news on snow or snowmaking yet.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Drove by Okemo on my way to NYC this morning. The temp was 29, but didn't see any snowmaking going on! :(

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
A friend was up at Sunday River today -- they've been blowing since Sunday night and supposedly will have one run on Barker open tomorrow.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okemo Divas you'll be happy to know that Okemo started blowing snow at 4 AM Today!!!
https://www.okemo.com/okemowinter/
okemo.jpg

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
excellent picture....I wonder who the person is who's getting snow blown right in their face !! haha

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I am so excited. There's a rumor now that Mt. Snow might push for the 10th. I would loooooooove to ski next weekend, but am trying not to get my hopes up (too much).

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so excited. There's a rumor now that Mt. Snow might push for the 10th. I would loooooooove to ski next weekend, but am trying not to get my hopes up (too much).
But you will get your hopes up because that is what we do!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mother Nature has made some snow at Sunshine Village , Banff, AB.
They already have 43 cm (as of 6:35 am Nov 4) and I think I saw a projected opening date of Nov 9. I have that day off....think I might be out there!!! yeeeehaaaawwww !!!

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey Calgal, I'll be there on the 10th!!!!!! I think I'm spending the 11th at Lake Louise! SUPER EXCITED!!!!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too bad I have to work those two days....we could have had a Ski Diva meeting !

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
awww that's too bad! You'll have to give me a heads up on how the skiing is since you'll be there before me!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
This morning on Mt. Snow's site:
"Snowmaking began last night on the Canyon/Standard route...more news coming!"

I can't take it anymore!!! Just tell me what you are planning, PLEASE.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It hasn't been posted on their site yet, but I heard a reliable rumour that Stowe is blowing too!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing